What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

92 broncos best club team ive seen. what is yours?

blaine train

Juniors
quick 17 ive come up with from that year. awsome team. pretty sure all of them are rep players

Julian O’Neil
Michael Hancock
Steve Renouf
Chris Johns
Willie Carne
Kevin Walters
Allan Langer
Tony Currie
Kerrod Walters
Glenn Lazauruos
Trevor Gillmiester
Gavin Allen
Terry Matterson
Alan Cann
Paul Hauff
Mark Hohn
Andrew Gee

legend

Coach
94' Canberra Raiders without doubt. The best club side of all time.

Mullins
Nagas
Wiki
Meninga
Nadruku
Daley
Stuart
Clyde
Furner
Croker
Lomax
Walters
Pongia

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
legend said:

Mullins
Nagas
Wiki
Meninga
Nadruku
Daley
Stuart
Clyde
Furner
Croker
Lomax
Walters
Pongia

What a team!! Nothing comes close to that.

Sportsjock

Juniors
legend said:

Mullins
Nagas
Wiki
Meninga
Nadruku
Daley
Stuart
Clyde
Furner
Croker
Lomax
Walters
Pongia

Agreed.

JJ

Immortal
legend said:

Mullins
Nagas
Wiki
Meninga
Nadruku
Daley
Stuart
Clyde
Furner
Croker
Lomax
Walters
Pongia

No way!!!! Any Canberra side with Lazarus and Todd as bookends would destroy a Pongia and Lomax front row.

As for the greatest ever - I suspect there's the odd St George and Souths sides that would be better.

legend

Coach
Canberra never had the overall dominance when Lazzo and Todd were around. I think in 94 Canberra had three or four players who scored close to 20 tries that season but I'll do some checking to confirm that.

miccle

Bench
94 Canberra are definitely winners for mine. The 92 Broncos side were awesome, along with the 2000 team!! But Canberra's side from a decade ago just go above that imo.

Sportsjock

Juniors
legend said:
Canberra never had the overall dominance when Lazzo and Todd were around. I think in 94 Canberra had three or four players who scored close to 20 tries that season but I'll do some checking to confirm that.

Plus Daley, Stuart, Clyde were MUCH better players in the 94 era than they were in the Todd/Lazo era as well - which alone makes that team a better team.

Simple fact that they were growing in stature, experience, and had mastered being champions in 1994 - as opposed to 89/90 when they were rookies.

legend

Coach
1994:

J Croker - 22 tries
B Mullins - 22 tries
R Wiki - 15 tries
M Meninga - 13 tries
N Nadruku - 12 tries
K Nagas - 11 tries
B Clyde - 10 tries
S Walters - 9 tries
A Fulivai - 8 tries :lol:
D Furner - 6 tries

7 players who scored 10 tries or more in one season from the same team. I'd like to see that! 8)

JJ said:
legend said:

Mullins
Nagas
Wiki
Meninga
Nadruku
Daley
Stuart
Clyde
Furner
Croker
Lomax
Walters
Pongia

No way!!!! Any Canberra side with Lazarus and Todd as bookends would destroy a Pongia and Lomax front row.

As for the greatest ever - I suspect there's the odd St George and Souths sides that would be better.

Perhaps, but the title of this thread is the greatest you've ever seen.

fat_mike

Juniors
lol at albert fulivai

still remeber the chief running him down at marathon in 94. in the same game mullins ran 99 metres and flew past robbie o to score a hat trick.

raiders 94 were brilliant.

fat_mike

Juniors
opps missed one. i just remember the beautiful in and away mullins put on robbie-o champagne attacking football from the raiders that year.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Teams of the year:

Canberra 1994
Brisbane 1992 & 1998
Parramatta 1982 & 1983
Manly 1995 & 1996

Its pretty hard to tell out of all of those.

legend

Coach
CouldaBeenAnything said:
94 Raiders were awesome, never looked liked dropping premiership that year

I'll agree with that. Even in our bad games, we only lost by very small margins and we played as good as any team ever has on grand final day although the Dogs were shockingly bad.

The amount of one sided scorelines against quality opposition was another indicator to the supreme powers of the Raiders. We took on all comers and played IMO the best footy ever seen.

Mullins was the most dangerous player that season in every arena, including Origin and Test matches.

Latest posts