What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: league's sexist man (in the newspaper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wittyfan

Referee
Here's an enhanced pic:

ross06.jpg

wittyfan

Referee
I don't know who Claire Smith is, but she needs to get a life. This was in the letters section of yesterday's Herald:

Good cause, bad taste

The thought of spending 12 months looking at a calendar of nude NRL players is more stomach-turning than watching some of the spear tackles that happen on the field (Stay in touch, September 28).

Breast cancer is a terrible illness, affecting thousands of women and families around Australia, and helping fund research into this disease can only be a good thing. However, just because it's a good cause does not justify the bad-taste exhibitionism of this calendar.

Congratulations to NRL management and the Breast Cancer Foundation for distancing themselves from it.

Claire Smith Chatswood

Hellsy

Immortal
Some people are never happy, if you don't like it don't buy it.

I must say though I am disappointed that the Breast Cancer foundation have distanced themselves, they are benefitting from it, it would be nice if they at least got behind it with a small smile even if they didn't organise or endorse it. The NRL, well I don't really care what they think...

Maybe next year they should choose a charity that will stand with them.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pathetic. I don't like looking at naked men in general, but this is for a good cause and if it's what will raise money for said cause, then good on them. Clare Smith is an uptight prude.

wittyfan

Referee
Hellsy said:
Some people are never happy, if you don't like it don't buy it.

I must say though I am disappointed that the Breast Cancer foundation have distanced themselves, they are benefitting from it, it would be nice if they at least got behind it with a small smile even if they didn't organise or endorse it. The NRL, well I don't really care what they think...

Maybe next year they should choose a charity that will stand with them.

It's all about image and publicity unfortunately, and other charities might not feel it's worth the hassle being crucified by different people and the media for being involved.

I've noticed that the NBCF logo has been removed from the calendar's website, and on the NBCF's own website, they advertise the calendar, but actually don't say that they will benefit from it, when of course they are.

The NRL and the NBCF are associated with each other on other things so that's why the NRL have probably felt the need to made the point that they weren't involved at all.

Saint Sammi

Juniors
Bah so its a few nakie men, the money goes towards a good cause, ahh ppl annoy me sometimes!! Theres probably thousands of half nakie/nakie girls calandars not doing one bit for charity so why don't ppl whinge bout them!

On another note, I cannot wait for March next yr :shock: lol

Alba

Coach
awwww :( i feel for them hey .. if they lost fairly then fair enough but they got rorted after being the best team all year :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts