What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: Superthread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Staff member
Pics from the locker rooms...JT at half time..

bashed.jpg

perverse

Referee
Any other team, and he'd be awesome. Give him to Sharks, Raiders, Knights, anyone, he'd take them around the world.
yeah, put him in a great team that is only lacking a halfback and he would shine. :lol:

the sad part about it is when he is in form and in a dominate team, he genuinely is the best halfback in the comp. says more about the lack of quality halfbacks across the board than anything else. this doesn't make him a great.

i reckon he'd get his arse flogged in the current knights team. our pack gets dominated week in, week out.

that's the difference between the best players and simply good players. the greats shine no matter what. they rise above. they make and win finals matches and win premierships, often carrying nuffies all around them. JT is either one of the greats going through one of the roughest patches of club form that any great player has ever gone through, or he is a hack and no-one will admit it.

fact is the cowboys have had a team capable of making the finals every year, if Thurston was as good as everyone thinks he is.

and just as i type this... another lolJT moment. i suppose his teammates forced him to f**k that one up?

perverse

Referee
Taumata scores and Tonga gets over for another easy one.

this is like shooting fish in a barrel. my boys are on fire.

perverse

Referee
can't see it happening. exciting match, though... started sloppy as all hell, but i think both teams ended up realising this is their last roll of the dice... losing not an option.

Didgi

So, could Thurston have done anything else tonight? He's a master of setting other players into gaps.

Turns up every single week, unlike Hayne.

perverse

Referee
So, could Thurston have done anything else tonight? He's a master of setting other players into gaps.

Not sure what he did to wrong you guys though.
that's why you blokes think he's the best player ever to lace on a boot. you miss all the crap... and don't notice when he disappears.

he made his fair share of clangers tonight. he certainly could have made the tackles that he missed. that's easily my biggest criticism of his game... his "defence"... if you can even call it that. funnily enough it was actually one of his better defensive displays. no-one disputes that he's gifted with the ball in hand... when his forwards dominate.

Mason was huge for the Cowboys tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts