What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9's tournament

stumped

Juniors
The Newtown Jets have finished undefeated in their qualifying pool at the International Nines and will now proceed to Sunday's quarter-finals stage.
In Saturday's qualifying rounds, the Newtown Jets RLFC squad
  • defeated Cabramatta 16-8
  • defeated Bankstown City Bulls 28-20
  • defeated Shellharbour Dragons 28-16
The club's Operations Director, Stuart McCarthy, advises that the Jets squad's morale is sky-high and the boys are all systems go for Sunday's sudden-death stage of the tournament.
The Newtown lads didn't appear to be badly affected at all by the abnormally hot conditions.

do we finally have someone willing to keep supporters informed? who is this guy? where did he come from? is he a heavy weight? how long has he been a director? I know the questions I have asked may be common sense to members in the know, but I am not kept informed as previously stated, good on ya Stuart for putting the supporters first.

wayne challis

Juniors
Hi Aelek,

Here's the full squad

Jimmy Andersen
James Cameron
Khalid Deeb
Shaun Driver
Daniel Green
Luke Hume
Scott Jones
James Kolomatanga
Luke Latele
Hala Laula
Matt Marshall
Moses Manu
Ryan Millard
Tinetali Papali'i
Don Thompson
Coach: Greg Matterson

An interesting mix of old and new players. Unfortunately the Jets lost in the quarter-finals on Sunday to Wests.

aelek

Juniors
Thanks Wayne.

Do you know or have heard if anyone stood out from this bunch?

ie ryan millard.

Jack Holmes

Juniors
Thanks Wayne.

Do you know or have heard if anyone stood out from this bunch?

ie ryan millard.

Millard showed glimpses and was pretty elusive in the games I saw.

Among the best players were a bulked up Khalid Deeb as well as the ever reliable Jimmy Andersen.

All in all there appeared to be quite a bit of talent on show.

If the Chooks stay fit we should go well again this year.

tezzah1

Juniors
Any word on how James Kolomatangi has been going? How about Sione Taka?

Also, any information on Taika (Tiger) Vatuvei?

Latest posts