What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A bit of retrospect

Hanscholo

Bench
TBH - i dont think given waynes game plan, with this group that there is a lot more improvement in us.

If we were to toss it around we could jag a few in a row. But bennett is determined to have us play like adults these days and i am willing to go along with it. Lets face it, since after warren ryan was here, our coaches have replaced internationals with park footballers. Harsh, but very true.

I think we are just shy on troops for that modern aggressive forward style of game. Since the late nineties we have really stopped trying to build premiership winning sides and the culture of the footy team went backwards. Smith tried to buy time, Bennett seemingly has said, f**k it, i am fixing this mess and i dont care how long it takes, we are getting it right - and by god how we needed that.

I am looking forward to seeing it come together, it will set us up for 20 years if we get it right.

docbrown

Coach
Agreed. People get hung up on whats happening in this one season. I'm happy knowing that there is a long term strategy here for once.

Bennett has the most exceptional resources to sign players. He knows who he wants. He will get them. I would say there are plenty of players of rep calibre wanting in here. Toohey has said before plenty of under contract players have made it clear they are very interested. The key is clearing the decks. This year is simply breath and wait. It is character building for all Knights fans. We will be the benchmark one day. Be sure of it. Bennett plus billionaire getting richer every day means a massive carrot for anyone worth a damn as a player. U take less money but play in a strong title calibre side who are able to give u the glory u seek. Hardly worth getting greedy about.

Last edited:

Latest posts