What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A blast from the past......

Stagger eel

Staff member
shit!!

I've opened up a pandora's box haven't I??

We should burn the 7 jersey during a satonic ritual and have our halfback wear no.18 next year!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Also! next year will be 13th year aniversary of Sterlo's shoulder injury that ended his career

it's Bloody!! Damien the Omen all over again. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Smith doesnt know what a halfback is, even when he was coaching St.George he still had halfback problems. Witt's a good promising half, the problem is Smith uses him wrong. If Witt played at another club or played under another coach he'd be a lot better than is he now.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
Smith doesnt know what a halfback is, even when he was coaching St.George he still had halfback problems. Witt's a good promising half, the problem is Smith uses him wrong. If Witt played at another club or played under another coach he'd be a lot better than is he now.

so what was wrong with Noel Goldthorpe??

The Colonel

Immortal
eelavation said:
Also! next year will be 13th year aniversary of Sterlo's shoulder injury that ended his career

it's Bloody!! Damien the Omen all over again. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Its thirteen years since it happened..... maybe our luck might change..... :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
the question is what was so good about Noel Goldthorpe??

he was good enough to play in a couple of grand finals!! while your at it have a look at the St George sides that he took to the grand final in 92-93 they weren't exactly world beaters!

It's ok to criticise the coach about our performances post 2001 however your drawing a long bow when you question his record. He may not have won a premiership but he's the best coach never to win won as Steve Rogers, Wayne Pearce and Wally Lewis were the best players never to win a premiership.

you wouldn't call those guys duds!

fish eel

Immortal
he was good enough to play in a couple of grand finals!! while your at it have a look at the St George sides that he took to the grand final in 92-93 they weren't exactly world beaters!

It's ok to criticise the coach about our performances post 2001 however your drawing a long bow when you question his record. He may not have won a premiership but he's the best coach never to win won as Steve Rogers, Wayne Pearce and Wally Lewis were the best players never to win a premiership.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

eelavation said:
He may not have won a premiership but he's the best coach never to win won as Steve Rogers, Wayne Pearce and Wally Lewis were the best players never to win a premiership.

you wouldn't call those guys duds!

Especially not the King!!!!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What about ET, he was unlucky.

Goldthorpe mightve been good to some, but he was nowhere near the class of Langer, Stuart, Taylor even Toovey in those years. St.George had some good players though, Mackay, Coyne, Walford.

Our 2001 side was better than the St.George sides he coached, and shouldve won it that year against Newcastle.

The Colonel

Immortal
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Colonel Eel said:
Lewis was an over rated lock who got a push from the QRL when there was no-one to give a push to. :p

I thought we were tighter than that Colonel!!!!

We are Belly..... but when it comes to Wally I just can't let it through to the keeper. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
What about ET, he was unlucky.

Goldthorpe mightve been good to some, but he was nowhere near the class of Langer, Stuart, Taylor even Toovey in those years. St.George had some good players though, Mackay, Coyne, Walford.

Our 2001 side was better than the St.George sides he coached, and shouldve won it that year against Newcastle.

thats exactly my point!!

so you'd have to credit Smith for steering a side that contained Goldthorpe as their play maker to 2 grand finals.

Colonel Eel said:
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Colonel Eel said:
Lewis was an over rated lock who got a push from the QRL when there was no-one to give a push to. :p

I thought we were tighter than that Colonel!!!!

We are Belly..... but when it comes to Wally I just can't let it through to the keeper. ;-)

If you can't have interstate rivalry what can you have hey!!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yes he still hasnt learned from those defeats unfortunatley.

But my point is he doesnt what a halfback is, one reason is cause he thinks Ben Kusto is a superstar.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
Yes he still hasnt learned from those defeats unfortunatley.

But my point is he doesnt what a halfback is, one reason is cause he thinks Ben Kusto is a superstar.

thats a dumb comment coming from someone who's just bitter!

like I said he should take all the blame for our post 01 performance however how can anyone take you seriously when you say that a bloke who's been coaching at the top level for about 17 years doesn't know what a halfback is....spare me the dribble.

fish eel

Immortal
those st george teams, had some good players but in those 2 years better sides missed out on getting to the big one

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
those st george teams, had some good players but in those 2 years better sides missed out on getting to the big one

Canterbury, Canberra and the poor old bears were 3 teams that were bench marks that year and didn't make the grand finals that year, I guess they had shit coach's.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Even if we had Andrew Johns or Matt Orford, Smith wouldnt coach them right.

Look he's done well to get us in the finals, first time in 11 years. He's done well to take us to our first grand final in 15 years. But since that GF in 2001, he's gone downhill.

Latest posts