What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Board Room rumour.

Suitman

Post Whore
One-eyed Tezza, did you just type up the first thing that came into your head, without thinking it through?

I'd guess that he was just doing what you do pete.
Expressing his thoughts. And his right to a thought.
Shouldn't you give him the same freedom of speech that you expect?
Or is it different rules for country folk?

Suity

bartman

Immortal
In the interests of a better off-season... :D

I think what people don't get about you PP is that you won't (and shouldn't) go away, and you don't take this forum as seriously as others might do. It's like a ripple effect of people convincing themselves that their next put-down will be the one to change something, when - as Casper might say - the change they are looking for really lies within themselves...

People that have a problem with you keep giving you the right of reply to them, when they take you on in each thread. They are in fact perpetuating (or increasing) the very thing they are moaning about... If it's that much of a problem for some people, they are better off just putting you on their "ignore" list - it's simpler and keeps everyone happy and using the forums in the way they are entitled.

The only people who can't be "ignored" or "ignore" others are moderators... And forgive me for pointing it out specifically, but since some people may not know the shortcut for adding you to their ignore list are here: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=7486.

Who threw the first stone? Who cares, as long as people are given a way they can take shelter...

bartman

Immortal
So let me see if I can get this straight or indeed a straight answer from anyone.

1) Is Dr Michael Johnson still on the Board of Directors for the PDRLC (Football Club) - As far as I understand it he is?

2) Has Dr Michael Johnson been replaced as the Chief Medical officer for Parramatta DRLC (Football Club)

3) Has Dr Michael Johnson been replaced as the Chief Medical officer for Parramatta NRLC (Eels NRL / Eels U20 / Wenty NSWCup)

I get the feeling the answers are

1) Yes
2) Unknown
3) Yes
I guess in the absence of any other information or rumours, your intuitions sound pretty reasonable conclusions to me MITS.

Except I'm not sure what role a CMO for the Football Club would actually perform in the structure?

Suitman

Post Whore
In the interests of a better off-season... :D

I think what people don't get about you PP is that you won't (and shouldn't) go away, and you don't take this forum as seriously as others might do. .

Is it also your opinion that pete doesn't either?
If it is, you are deluded Bart.

Does pete sh*t me at times?.................Yes.
Do I think pete should go away?...............Of course not. That would be ludicrous. Everyone has a right to their opinions. I will alway's encourage pete's opinion and have never suggested otherwise
Do I have to agree with everything he says? - No. I will when I do, and I won't when I don't.
Do I want to? - Not always.
Do you expect me to? - No, I don't think you do - based on your philosophies.
Do I take this forum seriously? - Hell yeh. Sometimes.

Don't you? You challenge as many opinions as I do Bart. Regularly.
We also discuss and agree about many other ideas and opinions as well.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
Is it also your opinion that pete doesn't either?
If it is, you are deluded Bart.
My post wasn't really directed at you Suity, it was just a general contribution.

It was actually based mainly on 1Eyed tezza, Ron Jeremy and Pete's exchange that appeared at the top of my page when clicking on the thread before reading back. Thanks for offering your own thoughts on the matter though.

Don't you? You challenge as many opinions as I do Bart. Regularly.
We also discuss and agree about many other ideas and opinions as well.
I truly don't take this place seriously Suity...

I do enjoy reading the info about the Eels that people share, the links to articles (all handily gathered here in one place), and yes I do enjoy reading people's different opinions on issues. And also posting my own when time allows and also to pass the time - but as you are aware I often don't remember what I've posted here from one day to the next. :lol:

I enjoy less reading through people's different opinions on other people here in the middle of threads... it gets tedious to read through when it takes threads away from the topic at hand, as I guess some people are also saying that in laying blame for the practice at PP?

All I am saying is that blame for the personal tangents that hijack threads can be a subjective thing, and I don't think it all goes the one way. But for those who do and are drawn to comment and blame one person, some may not have been aware of the "ignore list" out that they can use to save themselves the trouble of prolonging that part of the forums they maybe like less and were inclined to draw attention to.

The "ignore list" simply allows everyone the chance to enjoy posting their opinions in the forums, without having to feel the need to challenge a person's style of posting (or their personality, or them personally) where it grates on their nerves. And imo if people become aware of it, it would make the threads easier on-topic reading for others.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
My post wasn't really directed at you Suity, it was just a general contribution.

Ok then, no worries.

It was actually based mainly on 1Eyed tezza, Ron Jeremy and Pete's exchange that appeared at the top of my page when clicking on the thread before reading back. Thanks for offering your own thoughts on the matter though.

Anytime.

I truly don't take this place seriously Suity...

Neither do I Bart, but then again, sometimes I do, which I suspect you do too - hence the long replies. If you didn't take the place seriously, you wouldn't reply in such length or seriousness. I understand though - I do it all the time! :lol:

I do enjoy reading the info about the Eels that people share, the links to articles (all handily gathered here in one place), and yes I do enjoy reading people's different opinions on issues. And also posting my own when time allows and also to pass the time - but as you are aware I often don't remember what I've posted here from one day to the next. :lol:

Neither do I. That is a regular occurance for me too!! :lol:

I enjoy less reading through people's different opinions on other people here in the middle of threads... it gets tedious to read through when it takes threads away from the topic at hand, as I guess some people are also saying that in laying blame for the practice at PP?

Mmmmm. :sarcasm:

All I am saying is that blame for the personal tangents that hijack threads can be a subjective thing, and I don't think it all goes the one way. But for those who do and are drawn to comment and blame one person, some may not have been aware of the "ignore list" out that they can use to save themselves the trouble of prolonging that part of the forums they maybe like less and were inclined to draw attention to.

How would anyone be able to make judgements on others if they have them placed on an 'ignore' list?

The "ignore list" simply allows everyone the chance to enjoy posting their opinions in the forums, without having to feel the need to challenge a person's style of posting (or their personality, or them personally) where it grates on their nerves. And imo if people become aware of it, it would make the threads easier on-topic reading for others.

It may end up being easier on-topic reading, but then we'd all fall asleep.
Come on Bart - even YOU like a challenge!! :lol:

Suity

parra pete

Referee
I honestly can't see what all the hullabaloo is about?
I asked two SIMPLE questions on this Forum. Isn't that what the forum is ALL about. Why do people get heated when someone poses a question? Why does everyone have to spring to attack like junk yard dogs. I am me, you are you, WHO CARES. Chill out please. We are all about the same thing. All this grief towards me came early 2006 when I started querying the ability of a Eels player - a player who is no longer with the Club, and a player I thought was hugely over rated and wasn't the bloke to solve a problem, but really the bloke who was the problem. THAT IS MY OPINION....I have stuck with that opinion up until the present time.

I asked a prominent member of the new Football Club board mid season about the future of a member of staff. The answer I got was 'he is part of the Fitzy team and we will be moving them all on, and replacing them with others. We want a fresh start"..
That to me is fair enough too. "He who pays the piper calls the tune"...

The innocent questions I posed in this thread ARE ----
1. Is Mick Johnston part of the 'purge' to get rid of all things Fitzy
2 If so is, Norm Sivyer going to be the next. (this was a tongue in cheek question)
Posing these questions was seen by Stagger and Suity as an attack on 3p, and particularly Stagger Eel....Stagger, Bart, Bigfella, Parraboy, Captain BF, Belly and HJ are people who know I am stirring 95% of the time. sh*t it would be a boring forum if we all patted ourselves on the back, and formed a magic circle Club.
Do you ONLY want members of the football cheer squad on here. Are we all supposed to flock like sheep and baaaaa out our approval.
I couldn't care less what people think of me. I know me, and I can sleep well at night. I know I do not have a nasty bone in my body but I have a thick skin. You get that from working behind the bar. I had ownership of a Hotel in Hay for over 20 years, and a Motel for 10, so I have been called everything from a merkin to a crusader. It goes over my head.
2010 represents my 50 years of following Parramatta - solidly. I watched a few games in 59, but 60 with the arrival of Ron Boden and Paul Pyers ignited the Parra flame in me, and my mates. I came bush in 1966, transferred in my employment, and have been here since, except for 6 months in East Maitland, and a further 6 months back in town, mid 69 to mid 70, before I came back out here. I've been here since, and will end up being buried here too.
I have been involved in football administration in one form of another for over 40 years, I played over 130 games in the bush, I am a life member of both Rugby codes here in town, I am a member of the Hay Magpies Hall of Fame, I am a life member of Group 17 (now defunct) Rugby League, was on the General committee of CRL for seven years, Manager of Country teams in 1981, Sports Editor and part owner of the local newspaper for 7 years, and recipient of an Australian Sports Medal from the Commonwealth Government in Year 2000.
I have done my time in Rugby League to be able to comment on what I see is right or wrong. AND I will continue to do so. I won't be put off because someone takes offence at something I might post. GROW UP KIDS, it's only a game. FUN FUN FUN.....

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
Neither do I Bart, but then again, sometimes I do, which I suspect you do too - hence the long replies. If you didn't take the place seriously, you wouldn't reply in such length or seriousness. I understand though - I do it all the time! :lol:
Yeah, but maybe my problem is that I'm just not concise! Other people can get across in five words what it takes me a paragraph to try and say...

Am happy to (and enjoy) make contributions and have discussions when I have the time, just because it helps me wind down and get sleepy. But I'm not sure my post length should be seen to equate to my seriousness?

How would anyone be able to make judgements on others if they have them placed on an 'ignore' list?
I think that was exactly my point, or the general idea...? We're a broad church us Parra fans and need to unite together. So less judgements on people themselves, more judgements and discussions on the opinions - that's why I'm here anyway. (That and making fun of the opinions of supporters of the Liberal Party in the 4C forum. :thumn)

Again, mention of the ignore list in this thread was just to help any people that seem pulled into the ripple blame effect, if off-topic hijack banter annoys them to the point of posting personal blame about it. If someone quotes a post by someone on your ignore list, you still see their words as quoted and replied to, so people don't miss anything fo substance ;-).

It may end up being easier on-topic reading, but then we'd all fall asleep.
Come on Bart - even YOU like a challenge!! :lol:
Maybe I'm becoming more peace-orientiented and hippy like in my advancing age? :lol: But I tend to try and keep my lengthy posts to the challenge presented by an issue and different opinions, rather than on any person or their forum style.

parra pete

Referee
Thanks Bart...I appreciate your input....and yours too, Suity. I have been really enjoying the forum since the end of the season. but.....my missus gets the sh*ts with me "You're like a big kid"...she tells me...:lol:
Makes an old bloke happy though....

Suitman

Post Whore
All this grief towards me came early 2006

And it's still going.
Have you ever taken the hint pete?

I eventually read the rest of your post, but it was the same self promoting crap that I've been reading since 2006.
By all means, keep posting your thoughts, but at least show some imagination, or in the least, compassion and thoughtfulness. You don't always have to be on the top of the soap box.

Suity

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
Thanks ME. But you have to remember that Suity is the 'school prefect'. He is the one who determines what is right and wrong with the world. Bruce Wayne ...aka Batman
AND if you don't think that is correct, go back through his posts and have a look for yourself. That is, if you can stay awake long enough.
I have posted time and time again that most of my posts are designed to stimulate thought. mainly from a different perspective than the 'popular' direction. That is me..and I will continue to do so.
As for self promoting..again I am who I am..I can't change achievements that I have reached by being an extrovert. That's my personality. "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble".
Always look on the bright side of life...Chicken littles of this world, frankly, give me the sh*ts...

parra pete

Referee
Except I skip the You Tube links and Poems :)

Then you are missing the point of the exercise. Like having a cup of tea, but forgetting to put in the tea ....
Some think the youtube links is the Tea of my posts..the s- h- i - T part. :lol:

yy_cheng

Coach
Then you are missing the point of the exercise. Like having a cup of tea, but forgetting to put in the tea ....
Some think the youtube links is the Tea of my posts..the s- h- i - T part. :lol:

THing is, my work blocks you tube.

eels81236

Bench
Ditto.

And part of the enjoyment is chuckling to myself about who is going to take the bait.....

Logic would tell me that the first to take the bait would be you "the fish".
However, the "suit cladded" man is most often seen with a chemically sharpened hook in the corner of his mouth. An inedible throw back.