What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a challenge for ricky

newman

First Grade
Talk to him. He will readily discuss most things.

Correctamundo. But Millers and the other critics wont do that. They will just sit here and snipe away, and whiteant someone who cant respond. Ricky has on numerous occasions publicly stated that he hates forums (refers to them as a 'cowards castle') and that if ANY SUPPORTER has questions, comments or criticism he can repectfully be approached at the club.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ricky has on numerous occasions publicly stated that he hates forums
But they are good for supporters Sticky.

We chat, talk about the team and club, met with each to go to games.

It is not all bad.

Perhaps Sticky misses the posts that defend him and his club.

newman

First Grade
But they are good for supporters Sticky.

We chat, talk about the team and club, met with each to go to games.

It is not all bad.

Perhaps Sticky misses the posts that defend him and his club.

Its not that element that he hates. He likes any medium that brings supporters together or supports the club. He dislikes the opportunity it provides anonymous cowards to snipe from the sidelines and do damage to the club (that and info being leaked to the media).

It is that reason he has an open door policy regarding questions and feedback.

Send any respectful, decently worded question or comment Attention Ricky Stuart to sharks@sharks.com.au (during the season) and see what happens.......

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I will try that newman.

Of course it will relate to left centre and the man with afterburners. lol

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Its not that element that he hates. He likes any medium that brings supporters together or supports the club. He dislikes the opportunity it provides anonymous cowards to snipe from the sidelines and do damage to the club (that and info being leaked to the media).

It is that reason he has an open door policy regarding questions and feedback.

Send any respectful, decently worded question or comment Attention Ricky Stuart to sharks@sharks.com.au (during the season) and see what happens.......

No one replies from that email address.

millersnose

Post Whore
so ricky doesnt like criticism according to his self appointed spokesman

so what

perhaps on the new supadoopa official forum he can arrange to have it censored

this, however, is an independant forum, created for just such a purpose

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Actually Ricky is one of the best coaches when it comes to responding to stakeholders criticisms. He is not a sheens, Chris Anderson, Bennet, Gould, Smith etc. He is more in the mould of a bellamy or Elliot who appreciate that the fans are stakeholders & entitled to have an opinion & be able to talk about footy.
I would say he doesn't like the criticism where the subject cannot respond to dispel lies & rumours.
Take that Rothfield goose for instance. STill going on about the Sharks "supposedly" swapping degois for Hughes. Lost dogs in Africa know that isn't the case, but dills like him perpetuate that lie. Then that little germ comes up with his article in the paper the other day, just a pack of half truths & lies. If that was on a forum Ricky would not have been able to respond in the good manner in which he did, to support his club & all Sharks fans.

redback

Bench
Stuart is the worse thing to ever happen to our club. Unfortunately the damage and the good reputation of The Sharks will take years to repair.

Since 73

First Grade
There wouldn't be a coach in the NRL - except Anderson and bellamy - who couldn't make a list of things they would do differently given their time over.

Otherwise they'd be playing on Sunday.

Bennett wouldn't push his team for 26 weeks to overcome his own demons.
Hasler would've had a 'no piss' policy at per-season parties.
Fittler would've resigned in january.
Sheens would've blooded Moltzen in round 1.
Moore would've given the Anchor 1 more week.
And so on.

And that's just the things they had control over.

Sticky's biggest grievances for 09 are things he had no control over:
Bird
Kearney
Ross
The club going broke
Seymour
Matuea
A sex scandal from 7 years ago
Gallen's suspensions
A dickhead in zappia
Barretts injuries.
Dickhead decisions from the dickheads in pink

Be a great read wouldn't it - dredging all that up again in next Sunday's column.
We've had enough very ordinary Grand Final days in the last 40 years.

millersnose

Post Whore
f**k me you are dead right

we were winning stacks of games before baz got injured

thats a cool list of excuses

were they the ones he used at the roosters

or when he farged up selections for front row in the world cup final?

kal83

Juniors
Stuart is the worse thing to ever happen to our club. Unfortunately the damage and the good reputation of The Sharks will take years to repair.

Chris Anderson is the worst thing to happen to the club. I remember when we signed him he was gonna changed our culture, and we still have not fully recovered from some of his dikhead decisions.He didn't want preston or let rogers play five eighth, decisions that led them to go elsewhere. Though we challenged in his first year, we became a shadow of the team that lang had molded in the late 90's.

I am a fan of Ricky and though i want to forget 2009 as soon as possible i believe he is the coach that can gets us the big one. He was beginning to show signs of that last year, but unfortunately that was followed by this year and he has been left with no option but to rebuild again. Love or loathe him Stuart is a coach that can attract big names to our club(Barrett,Tupou etc) but more importantly he can a attract name junior players to our club, Albert Kelly,Broderick Wright etc. McNichol was a mistake but at the time we signed him alot of clubs were willing to sign him too.

Ricky has made mistakes but he stood firm this year and was really the glue that kept the boys from fully capitulating after everything that happened off the field and in the end we avoided the spoon which is a least one positive out of this year.

I think if anything our front office has been our biggest weakness in securing that maiden title.We are beginning to see some positive changes there since Zappia's resignation. A new CEO, Chairman, Board and bringing ET back to the club to help are all positive signs that the club is willing implement changes to get it up to scratch.

Next year is going to be a long season too, we have made some good signings to complement our squad but we will hardly be a the top of any experts lists as the team to beat. I just hope we use this year as the fuel to become a better club and eventually break our duck.

SadShark

Bench
Nice post kal83. There is one factor that stops the Sharks every year - they have no passion or hunger to win the title that alll other teams before them have had. It's not just the playing roster. Penrith 03, Knights 97 & 01 are recent examples of not having all the guns, just a belief in each other. They all wanted the title bad.

The culture of "near enough is good enough" is well & truly alive and runs through the veins of the club. I'm yet to believe, even with all of the changes that have been made recently, that this elephant has left the room. If you piled up all of the jibes, ridicule, hurt & shaming that has been heaped on the club, that shiit would motivate the crap out of me, to prove a massive point & give them all the finger.

Time has gone on far too long, without this major ingredient being addressed. It's a massive hole that sucks up whatever gets thrown out onto the paddock every year. I hope, beyond hope, that someone is going to change this weak, inept attitude at the Sharks. It's all too easy to accept the failure of years of existance in the comp.

When nobody is there backing up a break, nobody following through for an offload, letting Gallen do nearly all the work & just watching, missing tackles & not being absolutely gutted & filthy on themselves, running four into a tackle & still allowing an offload, one out play & kicking straight to opposition on the full consistantly and generally not smarting enough off a loss are all reasons in recent years, that the Sharks continue to fail.