What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple more hassles for Mario...

How much do you want to know about the game?

• All the moves/passes, but leaving a bit as a surprise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing, I want it all to be a surprise (why are you in this forum?)

• Everything, I want a much info as I can get!

• Just the vitals, enough to keep me interested

• Total voters

devonuto

Juniors
1. Will there be first touch passes, tap-ons, and kicks? I think these are pretty important when creating an overlap.

2. Will there be panalties for tackling a player in the air when defusing a bomb? is this possible?

3. Are 40-20s hard to do? or are they too easy? Too easy would kinda screw the game a little I think.

4. Will there be official game sounds & music, like the Panther's growl, when they're playing at home and come up with a big hit, try, or try saving tackle?

5. Will using a particular team a lot increase their skill levels by winning comps etc?

6. Will there be flick, and behind the back passes?

7. Since there's no video ref, will there be 360 degree slow motion replays of tries etc?

8. How often would you get held up, taking on the line from 1m out?

9. Where do you find the time to answer all these questions?

sheep

Juniors
10. Can you send me a free copy of the game a few days before it's released so i can rub it in everyone face?

Ausguy

Coach
devunto if people want to reply to your post they will, no need to do a post saying "hellooooooo" when everyone in here has read every post nearly twice cos we visit here daily!

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
devonuto said:
1. Will there be first touch passes, tap-ons, and kicks? I think these are pretty important when creating an overlap.

You can get quick service to your wingers if you need.

2. Will there be panalties for tackling a player in the air when defusing a bomb? is this possible?

No idea

3. Are 40-20s hard to do? or are they too easy? Too easy would kinda screw the game a little I think.

Ive almost got one. I think you could get one with practice and the wind not too bad against you.

4. Will there be official game sounds & music, like the Panther's growl, when they're playing at home and come up with a big hit, try, or try saving tackle?

Havent seen the latest build so Im not sure.

5. Will using a particular team a lot increase their skill levels by winning comps etc?

Not sure sorry

6. Will there be flick, and behind the back passes?

Ive seen them happen

7. Since there's no video ref, will there be 360 degree slow motion replays of tries etc?

You get replays

8. How often would you get held up, taking on the line from 1m out?

Depends on stats of both attacking and defending players

9. Where do you find the time to answer all these questions?

Apparantly because Alan does all the work at Sidhe :) :)

ortz18

Juniors
i think video refs are an essential part of the game. It adds to the realism, how come this was left out. Just too difficult?

Mario

Juniors
ortz18 said:
i think video refs are an essential part of the game. It adds to the realism, how come this was left out. Just too difficult?

Video refs couldn't be added in a meaningful way that wouldn't detract from gameplay.

There have been numerous discussion on this - search out the threads if you want any more detail.

Razor

Coach
ortz18 said:

In a real match, the video ref is only called upon when there is some doubt on if the try was scored. Since the ref is the computer, the ref will ALWAYS know if a try was scored or not, so therefore will never need to call the video ref, so no need of putting it in.

The only reason you'll need it, is if a person can control the ref and makes all of the decisions.

HBG

Juniors
Razor said:
ortz18 said:

In a real match, the video ref is only called upon when there is some doubt on if the try was scored. Since the ref is the computer, the ref will ALWAYS know if a try was scored or not, so therefore will never need to call the video ref, so no need of putting it in.

The only reason you'll need it, is if a person can control the ref and makes all of the decisions.

Good Call. Why slow the game down even more.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
We should have it, i wish it did so much. In Cricket 2002 it has 3rd umpire (video ref) and the umpire goes to that randomally, the ref should in NRL. It's a disappointment.

Latest posts