What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few home truths.

knowsleyroader

Juniors
There really is an incredible amount of rubbish being spouted on this board. People being angry that the game isnt out or they dont know when the game is out etc..

Yes SIDHE / HES are doing this for the money. Yes its there job. I have to say however regardles of the two previous points, it must be soul destroying to have developed a game for 12 months only to have the very people your doing it for begin to turn on you one by one as some have done on here.

With regards to the release date, I 100% believe that neither Mario or anyone else knows the release date yet. If they knew, they would tell us. Whats the point in Mario coming on this forum and saying a date only to possibly encounter further delays and have everyone dissapointed again ? Fact is there is no point which is exactly why no release date has been set yet.

While were on the subject of delays, why do you think they may have possibly occured ? Im betting on the fact that the guys just wernt happy with it and have been tweaking things even further for OUR benefit.

Do you think these delays are going to make them more money ? I would imagine that the longer it takes to get this game out, the less money they will make from it. Arnt they still having to pay programmers, graphic artists, musicians etc to continue to work on the project ? Isnt this further eating into their budget, or even their own pockets by this stage ? They may have also very well lost out on bonus's from HES for getting the game out by a certain date.

The simple fact is which ever way you look at it, that all this is for us. They could have chucked the game out probably months ago and we could have thanked them for a Rugby 2004 esque product.

All the delays mean is they are doing more work on our behalf and I for one cant thank them enough for it.

P.S Yes I am just as desperate for this game as everyone else on here and have been on this forum or others nearly every day now for 10 months or so.

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
I dont think anyone is really angry at Sidhe or Hes.I think people are just so bloody desperate and seeing the fantastic videos etc. is just making the wait seem like forever.Im now resigned to thinking that the game will only be out end of November.If thats when its out then thats it.Im very,very disappointed but im not going to flame Sidhe for it.All i want to know is if its worth me keeping my order with GP store or just ordering it from here in the UK,thats my main concern.

Mario,if you read this could you please tell me as soon as you know if i would get the game quicker by shipping from NZ or just ordering from Alternative here in the UK.That is all i need to know then i can either cancel with GP store or just sit back and wait.

knowsleyroader

Juniors
I think this is part of the problem though. I dont think Mario knows himself. SIDHE wont have anything to do with distribution, sony, microsoft etc. It may be likely by now that even Mario is waiting on information just like the rest of us.

I have an order with GP store also and I myself would like to know should I cancel and just get it from UK maybe a week or so later but maybe at this stage NO ONE can tell us.

For the time being I am leaving the order with GP Store and if it comes out in the UK before I get my order from GP Store then I will just have to end up with 2 copies :D

Ill give one to the wife to take to bed with her at night. It might make her feel closer to me :D

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Yeah but what is confusing me is that Mario denies knowing anything about release dates or even if there is a delay.Ok,fair enough,maybe thats true.But then we hear that the makers of the game have sent official letters out to here and there saying it is delayed!! Who do we believe at all? Are these letters the work of Robles at HES? Has anyone tried asking him if its delayed or does he not kno either? Someone must of sent these letters out?

BTW,i had an E-mail from Alternative saying that the game will be released in UK at the same time as Australia-end of November. Im starting to sway towards cancelling with GP store.

Mario

Juniors
Based on my understanding of the distribution process, I would expect that the UK will be getting the game about a week after the Australasian release as the manufacturing is being done in Asia.

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Thanks for replying Mario.A week later would mean even if i shipped it from NZ id still not get it much quicker if at all as the shipping takes 4-10 days i believe.ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH What do i do Knowsley man?

knowsleyroader

Juniors
From what I understand, GP Store and other companies that let you pre order, usually send the game out so that each individual receives them as close to release day as possible.

For me this would mean our copies would be shipped out 4-10 days before the official release date. Hopefully ensuring we receive our copy either on or before official release date. So theoretically you and I and everyone who has ordered from GP Store should receive our copy on the NZ / AUS day of release.

Can anyone confirm or correct me on this ?

For me Im leaving my order with GP store, I would rather have a couple of irons in the fire than none at all.

Mario

Juniors
knowsleyroader said:
For me this would mean our copies would be shipped out 4-10 days before the official release date. Hopefully ensuring we receive our copy either on or before official release date. So theoretically you and I and everyone who has ordered from GP Store should receive our copy on the NZ / AUS day of release.

Can anyone confirm or correct me on this ?

Retailers are likely to receive the game the day before the 'release date'. GPStore is therefore likely to ship them only a single day early.

Given that the UK release is likely to be about a week after the Aussie release, its debatable whether you would get the game early or not.

knowsleyroader

Juniors
Ohhhhh well that changes everything.

Thanks for that Mario. Based on what you have said it may indeed be prudent to cancel my GP Store order and just hang on for the UK release then.

Cheers m8.