What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few things need to happen...

ggmu

Juniors
if we get Dugan

1. Dugan
2. Maranta
3. Hodges
4. Hoffman
5. Kemp
6. Norman / Prince if Norman is off to Parra
7. Prince / Hunt if Norman is off to Parra
8. Hannant
9. Macca
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillette
14. Wallace
15. Stagg
16. Hala
17. McGuire
If we are gonna keep Gillett in the starting side this would be good. Parker plays in the middle anyway and will do better than Sam. I think McG has earned his starting spot but him and Hala off the bench would provide plenty of impact.

some11

Referee
waiting for Yow Yeh to return and teach these slow f**kers what a bolter really is.

Yeah that would be nice if he wasn't coming back from a 'compound comminuted fracture dislocation' of the ankle.

Who is running the show up there now these days?

My solution - sack the coach.

White, Gee and Griffin.

White has said he stays out of the football side of things unlike Bruno who did his best to f**k things up and succeeded in spades.

So Gee and Griffin have a lot to answer for.

Big Pete

Referee
Bretto said:
1. Jack Reed needs to be dropped.
2. Get the f**king back rowers OUT OF THE GOD DAMN CENTRES. Gillett got run around like he was standing still tonight by Jennings.
3. Put Hoffman in the centres.

With our squad in the shape it's in, these options just aren't feasible.

Kahu needs more time in QCup. Kemp just injured himself and I'm not convinced with Berryman. Our backline stocks are dire but with Yow Yeh and Copley on the sidelines it was to be expected.

Hodges' inclusion will go a long way to fixing our problems in the backs. If Hala & Kahu can keep fit they can come into the side too.

I don't think personnel is the only problem with the side. Combinations at the moment are killing us.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
With our squad in the shape it's in, these options just aren't feasible.

Kahu needs more time in QCup. Kemp just injured himself and I'm not convinced with Berryman. Our backline stocks are dire but with Yow Yeh and Copley on the sidelines it was to be expected.

Hodges' inclusion will go a long way to fixing our problems in the backs. If Hala & Kahu can keep fit they can come into the side too.

I don't think personnel is the only problem with the side. Combinations at the moment are killing us.

That and Griffin can't coach offense for shit.

lockyno1

Post Whore
1. Wallace OUT- don't care how, but GTFO...worst halfback I have ever seen, even Shane Perry was better!
2. Griffen OUT, make a play for Nathan Brown or Tim Sheens. They couldn't be any WORSE!

gUt

Coach
Prince catches the ball from Norman after he side steps the Roosters defence, and we score

Norman was the only one who looked like he might threaten with the ball.

Other than a couple of poor kicks, I don't see what's so wrong with his first 3 games.

I agree, he's been ok. Hoffman needs to play centre, Reed to put on 5kg and play off the bench in the forwards, Kemp to get a go.

hellteam

First Grade
Hoffman would actually be a good left centre, but it will never happen.

1. Dugan
2. Kemp
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Maranta
6. Norman
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Wallace
15. Gillett
16. Hala
17. Stagg

Done. Of course, depending on whether we can get Dugan....

How about sacking Griffin and hiring Kevin Walters?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Griffin is in line for the flick according to Triple M (take that whatever way you will). Maybe that is the best thing for the club.

Kiwi

First Grade
I think people need to take a damn chill pill and stop panicing. We have 3 definite starters on the sidelines, all three are very good attacking outside backs, and all with decent pace ect in Copely, Hodges and Yow Yeh. We have a new halves combination, players in new positions ( some I don't agree with but that is irrelevant in this right now ) and people are expecting us to set the world on fire from the get go. Look at how long it has taken souths to get their act together with pretty much the same core players over the last few years, but we want it instantly this year, yeah rightio. Sack the coach pfffft, sack players pfffft, get rid of fans wanting instant success and calling for those things I say. I have faith in Hook and this squad right up until we are gone for the season, which certainly isn't round f**king 3.

Chainshada

Juniors
Did Slater, Hayne or Inglis die? No way is he in the top 3, don't see him getting over Barba,Stewart or Boyd for top 5/6 either.

Yes, indeed, we'll take Souths as an example! They had John Lang as coach for 2 years, we've had Griffin for 2 (3 including this), with a decent squad + an overrated Halfback (Sandow/Wallace)..They drop their coach (like we want), halfback left (like we want), they get a new coach that put players in their correct positions(like we want) and BAM..look at that, they're suddenly contenders.

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Did Slater, Hayne or Inglis die? No way is he in the top 3, don't see him getting over Barba,Stewart or Boyd for top 5/6 either.

He is better than Hayne..there was a reason he was at fullback for NSW over those options. Barba is good but I would take Dugan at full fitness. Slater and Inglis are the top 2.

austyphoon

Juniors
I think people need to take a damn chill pill and stop panicing. We have 3 definite starters on the sidelines, all three are very good attacking outside backs, and all with decent pace ect in Copely, Hodges and Yow Yeh. We have a new halves combination, players in new positions ( some I don't agree with but that is irrelevant in this right now ) and people are expecting us to set the world on fire from the get go. Look at how long it has taken souths to get their act together with pretty much the same core players over the last few years, but we want it instantly this year, yeah rightio. Sack the coach pfffft, sack players pfffft, get rid of fans wanting instant success and calling for those things I say. I have faith in Hook and this squad right up until we are gone for the season, which certainly isn't round f**king 3.

I'm sorry but did you just say that Copley is a very good attacking back??

:lol:

whykickamoocow

Juniors
Hoffman would actually be a good left centre, but it will never happen.

1. Dugan
2. Kemp
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Maranta
6. Norman
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Wallace
15. Gillett
16. Hala
17. Stagg

Done. Of course, depending on whether we can get Dugan....

How about sacking Griffin and hiring Kevin Walters?

yes

unbreaK

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. Yow Yeh (Maranta)
3. Hodges
4. Hoffman
5. Copley (Kemp)
6. Prince
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCollough