What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A grand final for the ages

18to87

First Grade
Very good game.

Not sure why people are complaining about the officiating. By the poor standards the NRL has I thought it was decent.

aqua_duck

Coach
Club game standard at best with any number of rubbish calls, all going the Roosters way.

Examples? I thought the only call that was a f**k up was the Foran knock on, the penalty try I don't think should've been a penalty try, the pass from Maloney to Pearce was 50/50. All in all I don't think the refs has too much of an influence

macnaz

Staff member
What ever... dont think there is a hell of a lot people in the rugby league world that really give a shit who won tonight.. Best they maybe hoped for was a good game that wasn't ruined by stupid ref calls.

macnaz

Staff member
Examples? I thought the only call that was a f**k up was the Foran knock on, the penalty try I don't think should've been a penalty try, the pass from Maloney to Pearce was 50/50. All in all I don't think the refs has too much of an influence

Lol.. your joking arent you ??

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Penalty try video ref thing was a joke

How the f**k did hayne " think" viewing it live it was an actual try ???

No Manly player ever got close to actually grounding the ball

D Anderson innovative rule got butt hurt here

Hayne thought it looked like a "penalty" try not a "try"

But da did not tell them how to make a hand signal for penalty try

It was a cluster f**k

El Diablo

Post Whore
Penalty try video ref thing was a joke

How the f**k did hayne " think" viewing it live it was an actual try ???

No Manly player ever got close to actually grounding the ball

D Anderson innovative rule got butt hurt here

Hayne thought it looked like a "penalty" try not a "try"

But da did not tell them how to make a hand signal for penalty try

It was a cluster f**k

if only someone would throw deadshits like you off a cliff

ACA

Juniors
Well go on, what other calls were there?

Are you serous man?? A penalty try awarded by the video ref after being first given the nod by the on field ref, which NEVER should have been given a pemalty try, and a pass that went forward by a good METRE and also led directly to a try, both scored in a GF which was an extremely close game, and thats not enough for you as far a f**k ups go??

anjado

Juniors
I would rank it probably the 8th best Grand Final i have seen which is a great effort. It was easily the 2nd best Grand Final of the decade in my opinion. The Jennings try was the stand out moment which will live long in the memory.

fourplay

Juniors
Roosters last two tries were off bad calls. Refs were too bad to call it a classic grand final.

aqua_duck

Coach
Are you serous man?? A penalty try awarded by the video ref after being first given the nod by the on field ref, which NEVER should have been given a pemalty try, and a pass that went forward by a good METRE and also led directly to a try, both scored in a GF which was an extremely close game, and thats not enough for you as far a f**k ups go??

A metre is a bit of an exaggeration, but it was one of those ones that was hard to tell in full speed. I've already said the penalty try was incorrect.
At the end of the day the roosters won because they were the better team. Beside its f**king Shane Hayne, Ben Cumstain and Ashley Klein, can't expect those 3 clusterf**ks to get everything right

TYGA

Juniors
The better side lost this game from someone that backed the Roosters. I feel for Manly they deserved this.

Danish

Referee
I thought the penalty try was spot on. Tackled Lyon 1m out with the bal on the ground. Seemed obvious to me.

The pass from Jimmy was forward, but given it was off a linebreak no ref was in position to make a call.

Other than that I don't remember too many did calls. Maybe a couple of the penalties each way were soft but they kept the whistle in the pocket most of the game and let the teams sort each other out

Loudstrat

Coach
I reckon better than 2003. The attack was much better. 2003 was tough and gripping, but the intensity of Manly's opening 15 minutes, to the Rose tackle to the Jennings try made it the best since 97.

Loudstrat

Coach
Wally was right I guess. Lyon was not 100% certain to score. But say he would have - the shot at goal goes from fairly easy to easy. Big deal.

No one is mentioning the other possibility from that decision - No try and Aubusson in the bin. Easts a man down for 10 mins with the game in the balance and Manly on fire. That could have cost Easts more than the try did.

FFS there are some whingers - those saying it was average - what game ths year was better? Was last years boring decider better? Like hell it was.

Cammo

Bench
I think many people found it boring because of the two teams playing. The lack of interest made it hard to get excited for the game. I must admit I didn't feel any major hype or passion for GF week like I normally do because I just have no passing interest in the 2 sides.

The game itself was good, not great in my opinion but certainly a good showcase of the sport. It was the build up that I normally get into that I didn't this year, which probably meant that despite a good game, I never really enjoyed due to no close affinity to the match and what was happening.

Latest posts