What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League 10/11 :: Round 17

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hyundai A-League Week 17
Dec 3-8
All times AEDT

FRI 3RD
Melb Victory v Brisbane @ AAMI, 8:00pm

SAT 4TH
CC Mariners v Sydney FC @ Bluetongue, 7:00pm
NQ Fury v Newcastle @ DFS, 9:15pm

SUN 5TH
Wellington v Adelaide @ AMI Stadium, Christchurch, 3:00pm
Gold Coast v Melb Heart @ Skilled, 5:00pm

WED 8TH
Melb Heart v Newcastle @ AAMI, 7:00pm

Timmah

Staff member
Victory to break Roar's run 2-1

Mariners back in the winners circle 3-1

Jets to continue rising 1-0

Wellington to win at home again 2-1

Heart 1-0

Heart 1-0

weasel

First Grade
Mariners 3-1 against a stingy Sydney FC defence? Predicting more than two goals in this fixture is being kind, imho. Sydney might play absolutely woeful football, but even the Roar have only been able to manage two goals against them in two matches this season. 1-1 I reckon.

Melbourne away is always the Roar's toughest match (I guess it's been the toughest match for any team given the Victory's successes over the years), but I'm hopeful we can get something out of it. We tend to play more effective attacking football away from home, I guess it could be to do with teams opening up more, although Melbourne have a track record of playing dirty against us to break up our rhythm, and I won't be surprised if they try it again tomorrow night. We won't be lacking in motivation after the 3-0 defeat a few months back, though. If we can erase the bitter memories of that defeat I think the team will have every reason to start believing that this is our year.

Hopefully our brothers in the north can string together a second straight win over Newcastle. Would love Wellington to win over Adelaide, but I think it's likely to be a draw.

Gold Coast, lol. Hope the Heart wins that one.

roboshark

Coach
Look under f**kwit in the dictionary you find Kevin Muscat

Good old Peter Green...at it again. He really is a disgrace as a ref. Him and Breeze

Timmah

Staff member
Brisbane are getting a free leg up this season, fair dinkum. I hate Victory but they were dudded.

weasel

First Grade
Brisbane are getting a free leg up this season, fair dinkum. I hate Victory but they were dudded.

Haven't seen the game so I can't comment on the incident, but can you elaborate on referee help we've received previously this season? Was it the awarding of the goal with an active player offside for Central Coast when we were blowing them away 3-0? Wait, that didn't help us at all... WTF. :crazy:

fish eel

Immortal

Yes, Melbourne were dudded, but FMD, to say Brisbane are getting a free leg up this season is the dumbest thing I've read on this forum.

Unless of course, you're talking about teams giving them a free leg up by rolling over and conceding three goals in the first 20 odd minutes at home?

Brisbane are top of the league because they're playing the best quality football the a-league as seen, not because they're getting a leg up

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Brisbane aren't getting anywhere near as much of a leg-up as Sydney have been ...

weasel

First Grade
It was very disappointing from Theoklitos, I admit. It wasn't even borderline, he was fully aware of what he was doing. If the FFA wanna sanction him on review of that game I'll support that. Brisbane isn't a side that usually plays this way, of course. We're one point behind Sydney in the fair play standings even having played more matches than any other team and considering the one red card we received was, imo, a mistake by the referee. We always strive to play nice clean football. This isn't our game.

weasel

First Grade
What a great goal Kruse scored too, his first one, and an awesome pass by Hernandez. Some of the play we've seen this season has really been fantastic. And it's so disappointing that Victory only pulled 11k last night, to see two teams playing some of the best football that has been witnessed in the history of the A-League. But I digress. Very impressed with Kruse so far this season, eight goals. Losing him from the Roar still rankles me, I wonder if Ange would have been able to turn his attitude around. Glad to see he's starting to fulfill his potential though, another great graduate of the Roar since the A-League's inception.

bjm8

Juniors
Seems a bit unfair to carry on about one incident, whether it was a bad call or not. What about the Kosta handball call when it clearly hit him in the stomach which led to MV's 2nd goal? What about the Brattan foul where he got all ball which led to Kruse's 2nd?

fish eel

Immortal
Seems a bit unfair to carry on about one incident, whether it was a bad call or not. What about the Kosta handball call when it clearly hit him in the stomach which led to MV's 2nd goal? What about the Brattan foul where he got all ball which led to Kruse's 2nd?

further evidence for Timmah's theory Brisbane are getting a leg up? :sarcasm:

Latest posts