What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '12-13 :: Round 23

Frederick

Staff member
18,721, and there were clearly more Mariners fans than Wanderers..

The only way there could have been more mariners fans there was if they went on body mass and counted you a few times.

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol:

18,721, and there were clearly more Mariners fans than Wanderers.

No doubt they turned up en masse and have a bigger active support, but to be critical of a crowd where the ground was 93% full in POURING rain is pissweak. Try something else.
There probably were more Mariners fans but I'm not convinced there were "clearly" more.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Mariners choking at the business end of the season, surprise surprise. :lol:

In all serious, they were unlucky not to win that, created some decent chances just couldn't finish. Very poor form letting your keeper take a penalty, doesn't any other outfield player have some balls?

Mong

Post Whore
WTF?

Their goal keeper took a penalty? I am yet to see or read about the game.

Probs should asap..

nöyd

Staff member
yup, Arnie said something about the kid (ryan) having the confidence to step up, doesnt say alot about the other 10 blokes. it was an absolute merkin of a shot, a real clusterf**k lol

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It wasn't a bad shot at all, Covic only managed to collect it with his feet.

Nothing wrong with him having the confidence to take a penalty, and he was back in his box before Covic released the ball anyway.

I'd hardly call a 1-0 loss to the other team in contention for the premiers plate a choke either :?

Especially 7 days after smashing 3rd place 6-2...

Mong

Post Whore
C'mon timmah.. There is an issue if your goal keeper is stepping up to take a penalty..

Haffa

I still don't know why Pat Zwaanswijk didn't step up. He was banging them in ok last season.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
It wasn't a bad shot at all, Covic only managed to collect it with his feet.

Nothing wrong with him having the confidence to take a penalty, and he was back in his box before Covic released the ball anyway.

I'd hardly call a 1-0 loss to the other team in contention for the premiers plate a choke either :?

Especially 7 days after smashing 3rd place 6-2...

Nothing wrong with Ryan, plenty wrong with other outfield players. A keeper taking a penalty is a bit ridiculous, unless it's in a penalty shootout.

Ridders

Coach
Nothing wrong with Ryan, plenty wrong with other outfield players. A keeper taking a penalty is a bit ridiculous, unless it's in a penalty shootout.

Yeah Mariners were lucky that Covic held onto the ball rather than releasing it straight away. Although iirc a Mariners player did try and get in Covic's way to prevent him from releasing it long

nöyd

Staff member
yeah i wasnt having a go at ryan for stepping up, ballsy move tbh

imo it was a poor penalty, straight at covic, who, given the form he's in probably wouldve saved it regardless of where it was hit or who hit it.

i havent watched every mariners game, but i do recall mcbreen stepping up earlier in the season and sticking one, maybe 2 away with little problem. perhaps he is saving himself for revenge on Theo

Latest posts