What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League 13/14 :: Week 3

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
R3halgfx.png

All times AEDT

LADDER:
BRI 6 ADL 4 SYD 3 CCM 2 MHT 2 MVC 2
WSW 2 WEL 1 PER 1 NEW 1​

MEE.

Juniors
Sydney derby is now sold out. Depending on how many members turn up looking at 40,000+

Big Sam

First Grade
Just got back from the derby. Amazing atmosphere and occasion aside from those WSW ferals who let off the fireworks.

I also note with interest the crowd at Bluetongue today was 9k. I eagerly await Timmah's excuses...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Are you seriously comparing the population of Gosford to the population of Sydney ?

Its only a regional centre with about 1 tenth of the population, resources, corporate backing etc.

The fact that the Mariners have been by far the most successful team in the A League is testament to what you can achieve with the right people in the right place in a provincial city. Its a huge achievement yet all some people can do is bag them because they are in a much smaller town with a fraction of the resources and fans available to all the other A League teams.

Haffa

:roll: Why would he need an excuse? Same game last year drew 6800. That's pretty good growth in a small market.

I think you should focus on the Smurfs defensive issues, Sam.

Big Sam

First Grade
Wasn't comparing them to Sydney, Twiz. They were 2 unrelated comments.

But when you are defending champions, have record membership levels, a perfect day in Gosford, family-friendly time, and are coming off the back of a solid start to the season, 9k is a joke.

And why would I give a toss about SFC Haffa? I don't support them.

Haffa

Wasn't comparing them to Sydney, Twiz. They were 2 unrelated comments.

But when you are defending champions, have record membership levels, a perfect day in Gosford, family-friendly time, and are coming off the back of a solid start to the season, 9k is a joke.

Crowd was Up on last year..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
9K in Gosford is probably in proportion to 90K in Western Sydney or what ever it works out to be.

Personally I dont see what the big deal is, its just Goford, you really cant expect any more than 9K, there certainly would have been f**k all from Adelaide there.

Frederick

Staff member
Jets need to learn to cross. Did any hit the mark?

Yeah Apey, the jets sure did suck today. They just plain sucked. I've seen teams suck before but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

Oh I've gotta go, that damn wiener Jobdog is looking at me

Latest posts