What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League Round 1

Schillaci

Juniors
Starts tonight at Olympic Park. All games this season will be covered on Fox.

Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United
Date: Friday August 25
Kick-off (local time): 8.00pm
Venue: Olympic Park
TV coverage: Live on Fox Sports 1 (SKY Sport 3 in NZ)
Head-to-head
Three league meetings: Adelaide - 3 wins

Queensland Roar v Perth Glory
Date: Saturday August 26
Kick-off (local time): 7.00pm
Venue: Suncorp Stadium
TV coverage: Live on Fox Sports 2
Head-to-head
Three league meetings: Queensland - 1 win, Perth - 1 win, 1 draw

New Zealand Knights v Newcastle Jets
Date: Sunday August 27
Kick-off (local time): 5.00pm
Venue: North Harbour Stadium
TV coverage: Live on Fox Sports 2 (delayed on SKY Sport 1 in NZ)
Head-to-head
Three league meetings: Newcastle - 3 wins

Sydney FC v Central Coast Mariners
Date: Sunday August 27
Kick-off (local time): 5.00pm
Venue: Aussie Stadium
TV coverage: Live on Fox Sports 2
Head-to-head
Four league meetings: Sydney - 2 wins, Central Coast - 1 win, 1 draw

Eddie.

Bench
For the good of the Crowds i hope Melbourne and QLd can get the early home wins early that were so elusive last season.

Schillaci

Juniors
my crowd predictions are

Olympic park sellout 17k
Suncorp 18-25k
North Harbour 5-10k
SFS 25-30k

i think that will be pretty close.

chileman

Coach
Here's hoping NZ are a little more successful because if not and the crowds don't turn up, give the team to Tasmania :D ;-)

NK Arsenal

Juniors
My tips:
Victory vs United: United
Roar vs Glory: Draw
Knights vs Jets: Jets
Sydney FC vs Mariners: Draw

roosters06

Juniors
good first up win for the Victory.

The 3 brazilian signings are already showing their class.

Looks like a good season ahead for the mighty Victory!

roosters06

Juniors
Damn. There goes my perfect round in the tipping - tipped a draw.

The Glory look like they are done and dusted before the season has even really started.

Nevcost

Juniors
Go the Roar, tremendous result, Milicic, Vidosic and Lynch all look like quality signings and were really the sort of players we needed lat season. Hopefully they'll continue their good form

Misanthrope

Staff member
You're kidding aren't you, roosters06? Perth looked more than competitive for 70 minutes of that game, and whilst it got away from them at the end, they wouldn't be terribly worried just yet. They controlled a good portion of the game and played some good football. Once the likes of Laziridis are fit, they'll be more threatening.

perth sharkie

Juniors
CWBush said:
You're kidding aren't you, roosters06? Perth looked more than competitive for 70 minutes of that game, and whilst it got away from them at the end, they wouldn't be terribly worried just yet. They controlled a good portion of the game and played some good football. Once the likes of Laziridis are fit, they'll be more threatening.

I agree, the Glory actually played surpringsly well and the 3-0 scoreline wasn't really a fair reflection of the game.

Glory assistant boss Mitchell said that the players only had two days training prior to this match because flu has decimated the camp and I guess four away games in a row in preseason (includeing the dreaded trip to Auckland) also took its toll on the players.

Schillaci

Juniors
Sydney FC 1 (Fyfe 51)
Central Coast Mariners 0
Crowd: 19,274 at Aussie Stadium

New Zealand Knights 0
Newcastle United 0
Crowd: ?

weasel

First Grade
Interesting first round, aren't the Jets looking diabolical, we travel to Newcastle next round so let's see how we go there.

chileman

Coach
Yeah I think the Glory can hold their heads up high after the limited preperation they had before the game.

Solid win for Sydney although very scrappy and the CC were unlucky to sneak an equaliser, Bolton pulled off one point blank save that was a ripper!

Latest posts