What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

wb2027

Juniors
The Titans have worn a butcher-stripe design in Titans colours as a "heritage jersey" so there's been SOME acknowledgement of previous GC incarnations.. even though they've not used the latter day Seagulls (thick stripes), Chargers or Giants designs as heritage - Titans colours or the original ones.
I'm wearing my orthopedic shoes. I stand corrected.

flippikat

Bench
I'm wearing my orthopedic shoes. I stand corrected.
No worries - it was pretty much "blink and you miss it" stuff, and they haven't made a huge deal about celebrating/commemorating previous top tier Gold Coast teams - kinda understandable given that for many seasons they were pretty dire.

However, you'd think that some sort of commemoration of the Chargers is well overdue - given that they not only were the first GC team to make the playoffs, but they also made a profit during the superleague war, and they had a great striped saddle design for a jersey.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
The Reds' lineage has no tie-in with the Bears. They happen to share the same prefix and residency.
The Titans have never done anything to acknowledge the Chargers or Seagulls even though they were around much longer than the Reds, and there's no real stopping them if they wanted to.
The Gold Coast Titans wore a Gold Coast Seagulls design jersey in Titans colours a few jerseys ago.

Michael Searle and the original people involved in the Titans in 2007 said while the stats from previous GC teams will not come across, they see it as a continuation of the previous teams/club.

Wb1234

Referee
No worries - it was pretty much "blink and you miss it" stuff, and they haven't made a huge deal about celebrating/commemorating previous top tier Gold Coast teams - kinda understandable given that for many seasons they were pretty dire.

However, you'd think that some sort of commemoration of the Chargers is well overdue - given that they not only were the first GC team to make the playoffs, but they also made a profit during the superleague war, and they had a great striped saddle design for a jersey.
Titans are such an important club in a city which is booming and afl has spent a 500 million on their problem child trying to make it relevant

One million in the bank and was ignored by the criteria

Titans are like the warriors they have been a rabble for most of their existence but they will get it right

need to ensure all the good local juniors stick with them rather then other clubs

flippikat

Bench
Titans are such an important club in a city which is booming and afl has spent a 500 million on their problem child trying to make it relevant

One million in the bank and was ignored by the criteria

Titans are like the warriors they have been a rabble for most of their existence but they will get it right

need to ensure all the good local juniors stick with them rather then other clubs
The Titans have made some mistakes - branding especially, with some very forgettable designs & a terrible first logo (thankfully simplified now).. but they're getting there.

As far as branding goes, they just need to hit on the right iconic jersey design that they can nail their brand onto.

Wb1234

Referee
The Titans have made some mistakes - branding especially, with some very forgettable designs & a terrible first logo (thankfully simplified now).. but they're getting there.

As far as branding goes, they just need to hit on the right iconic jersey design that they can nail their brand onto.
Hopefully Hasler can continue this years improvement

since Cartwright left they’ve largely been awful

Latest posts