What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A long road ahead to the finals

Xplozive

Juniors
I'm a little concerned about the Roosters the home stretch for the final. They have Storm, Sharks and Dragons and in between they have the Eels and The Rabbitohs.

The 1st three teams have been playing great footy (not saying we haven't) but each game we play I feel myself doubting that we can actually win. I did, however, have a feeling we'd beat the Eagles.

Storm, Sharks and the Dragons are all going to be very tough opponents. I also think we shouldn't think we can beat the Eels easily either. Look what happened to us on Saturday night. We could have actually lost to the Cowboys who are in the most horrific form. We should not have let them score 20 points against us.

I'm concerned that if we do lose to the storm, sharks and/or dragons that our chances of winning a premiership are very slim.

What are other people's opinions on this?

Monk

Referee
roosters are playing good. When we are on our game we are very hard to beat. However we are very inconsistant (first half/second half vs titans)
We have a hard run home. I hope we can win at least 3 of the games. We can win all of the though.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I'm a little concerned about the Roosters the home stretch for the final. They have Storm, Sharks and Dragons and in between they have the Eels and The Rabbitohs.

The 1st three teams have been playing great footy (not saying we haven't) but each game we play I feel myself doubting that we can actually win. I did, however, have a feeling we'd beat the Eagles.

Storm, Sharks and the Dragons are all going to be very tough opponents. I also think we shouldn't think we can beat the Eels easily either. Look what happened to us on Saturday night. We could have actually lost to the Cowboys who are in the most horrific form. We should not have let them score 20 points against us.

I'm concerned that if we do lose to the storm, sharks and/or dragons that our chances of winning a premiership are very slim.

What are other people's opinions on this?
i sortta agree with you, sometimes when we are losing to crap teams i begin to doubt the roosters and ask myself is this a mentality problem? or are we just not as good as people think we are?

i really hope its not the latter and that before finals time, the complacency problem is no longer existant

i think it does come down to Freddy's laid back character, but supposedly during last weeks half time v Cows.. Freddy blasted them<something i'm keen to see more of from him

tough trip ahead, but if Freddy can fire them up.. we can and should win all of them (maybe not the Melbourne game though)

go Roosters

Monk

Referee
i remember a news program (cn not remember which one) interviewing mini and asked about the game against manly. his words were something like this.

"Our new game plan worked really well" i thought to myself.
new game plan. maybe freddy's got something into them.
ill try to find the link to the clip if i can find it.

Monk

Referee
^ i didnt explain it very well. If you can understand it well done.

Xplozive

Juniors
^ i didnt explain it very well. If you can understand it well done.
I understood it. Well maybe they used that game plan against cowboys too but thought it would have worked without as much effort needed (then when versing manly).

I don't know, I still have faith. I just can't wait till next sunday for the match against the eels.

i have a good feeling about our stretch towards the finals. Our dependency on kicks have slowly diminished and ball movement is on the rise again. I believe that Freddy has held back this new game plan until now - remember those slick movements in the first 3-5 matches? They slowly disappeared and all we could score were from kicks. If you notice now, the movements are coming back and better.

I also think that our mentality going into big games is great - we seem to play poorly against the lower sides because the players think they can just rock up and get the points. But once we vs the higher ranked teams, everyone is pumped and is ready to play, already evident this year.

I'd say we'll give the Storm and Manly a run for their money this year. ;-)

Monk

Referee
I understood it. Well maybe they used that game plan against cowboys too but thought it would have worked without as much effort needed (then when versing manly).

I don't know, I still have faith. I just can't wait till next sunday for the match against the eels.

i also think the game plan brings roberts in a lot more. He is on FIRE!

Chook Norris

First Grade
i remember a news program (cn not remember which one) interviewing mini and asked about the game against manly. his words were something like this.

"Our new game plan worked really well" i thought to myself.
new game plan. maybe freddy's got something into them.
ill try to find the link to the clip if i can find it.

ah excellent, i guess that expains the non-scoring from kicks :D

sass

Juniors
i have a good feeling about our stretch towards the finals. Our dependency on kicks have slowly diminished and ball movement is on the rise again. I believe that Freddy has held back this new game plan until now - remember those slick movements in the first 3-5 matches? They slowly disappeared and all we could score were from kicks. If you notice now, the movements are coming back and better.

totally agree. the last few weeks I had kind of been freaking out but I am getting hopeful again.

Geohood

Bench
Our backline is set better... the centres get early ball and we have our decoys going etc.. come finals time we'll be playing at our peak. We all know that all that matters is the finals and now we're there and if we can keep our intensity high for the 2-4 games we'll give a premiership a shot.

Manly/Melbourne are still the benchmark though so we'll need some luck.

Latest posts