What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A loss is a loss. We fell short!!!.

The last three weeks we haven't scored many points.

We can defend when we want to but even with Crocker cleaning up our rucks we have many lapses and out goal line defense is still way too patchy.

Overall we didn't play badly, But it just wasn't ever good enough. and one more loss and our 2011 is effectively gone.

What I don't get is Lang, Can be solid at times but has no urgency (Sounds like a fullback that we know).

The Season is now. We have to make decisions now. Where has posting the same team week in, week out going to take us?.

We looked effectively alot better defensively when Nathan Peats came on. He is a great defender and threatens in attack, I would start him and not Issac. That is where our problem lies at times, Issac's defense is dire at times and is just too inconsistent. Peats offers a solid and consistent service to the team, and do SSFC even realise how important the kid could be for us?.

I had my doubts over Dave Taylor, Big doubts. I think alot of it has to do with how we utilise him and how Sutton works with him, He is seemingly getting alot more earlier ball and making more of an impact.

Rhys Wesser?. He isn't a game-breaker. He hasn't had the worst of seasons, mainly consistenting of rocks or diamonds but we have to cut first grade ties here.

James Roberts? The Kid is largely ineffective on the wing; He isn't an NRL standard winger and needs space to get his full potential out of him.

If we were going to move forward we have to drop Wesser and drop Roberts unless we were going to move him back to Fullback. Give Josh Mansour a chance to prove himself at fullback or wing.

Inglis at 6? Yes, Under out current structure we are in no way getting the best out of him and he really needs maximum touches of the ball to benefit the team and his individual form

Start Pettybourne? Second week in a row where he's really made a difference, making large metres and is starting to look effective hitting the line. We need him to start to tired the opposition with his aggressive accelerating runs and really capitilise thereafter.

Sutton to Centre? Yes being a five-eighth/backrower for all of his career he's really improved his defense because of being positioning in heavy traffic and he's had to make more tackles, Big, Strong and can offload. Maybe Sutton needs to be running off Inglis and not the otherway round?

Start Peats? Yes, Probably the biggest call of all but i really rate the kid and can really organise a team we looked alot more structured in the second half, can really defend also and threatens the line on himself.

Given the above I'd go with the following team.

1. James Roberts
Nathan Merritt
3. Chris McQueen
4. John Sutton
5. Josh Mansour
6. Greg Inglis
7. Chris Sandow
8. Ben Ross
9. Nathan Peats
10. Eddy Pettybourne
11. Dave Taylor
12. Michael Crocker
13. Ben Lowe

14. Issac Luke
15. Shannan McPherson
16. Dave Tyrrell
17. Alex Ranieri

Alex is a player who came to the Dragons in 2008 with heavy wraps on him and started 2008 for the dragons nrl until he suffered an ACL injury, Is currently playing for our feeder side and reports have been he has been one of our best in more recent weeks, He is still only 24. We are short prop forwards and I think he is worth a shot.

Mattyoh

Juniors
Wipe your chin hattrick. Sutton in the centres? He gets stood up by props. He's a backrower coming off the bench at best. Doesn't tackle hard enough, doesn't run hard enough. He is the embodiment of why our team is both stupid and soft. At least the others try in patches.

Wipe your chin hattrick. Sutton in the centres? He gets stood up by props. He's a backrower coming off the bench at best. Doesn't tackle hard enough, doesn't run hard enough. He is the embodiment of why our team is both stupid and soft. At least the others try in patches.

In case you haven't noticed, Inglis has to be our five-eighth.

He is going to be moved there next year anyway so he may as well get used to it.

We are may short of centres currently. We've lost Simpson, Vaivai, Champion, Vaivai and currently has Kane Morgan & Dylan Farrell injured. Corrigan does not cut it and never will.

Sutton started as a centre so he would know what he is doing. and I am sure he is a much better defender then when he first featured at centre in 2004

DC_fan

Coach
I was at the game and then watched it on TV. I thought we played pretty well. Just not well enough to win the game.

I always had that feeling that the Storm would just be a little too good for uss. While we should never be happy with a loss the team put ina good effort.

African Monkey

First Grade
Can't fault that performance. Apart from the 2 tries in the 1st half that were soft, I thought we gave it everything. The Storm showed why they're a class side with their fantastic defence especially from Maurice Blair and Waqa on their side on Inglis

I go to all the home games so I get to see the warm ups and if you were at the game early enough you would have seen the Storm warm up so professional and all the trainers on the field going through their moves in front of the members area. 15 mins later Souths appear no way near as professional Cordy was having a chat and a laugh with Sterlo and John's for at least 5mins. Our preparations Sucks ! And the results on the field speak for themselves , One more thing the refs Sucked to-day.

Stand & Be Counted !

Latest posts