What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Must Read Topic To Why Our Soccer Is Far Superior Than Any Other Sport

Broncos fan

Juniors
The enormous importance of having the possession of China is a lot bigger than being the number 1 sport in all of the countries of Europe (47), or Africa (53) or the Western Hemisphere (50 countries) because China has more people than any of these regions. Clearly that is why soccer is the undisputed world game, basically the number 1 sport in more than 180 countries (including China) out around 235 countries in total. And that can be very daunting to believe that soccer would emerge as the number 1 sport in China were more than 4 million basketball teams are scattered across the nation and were Yao Ming would probably be more powerful and more known than the leader of China itself.

Although in one of my books Rugby Union is considered as the third largest sport after soccer and basketball, there are only 10 countries out of around 235 were it is actually more popular than basketball. These are Australia, England, France, Ireland, New Zealand, Scotland, South Africa, Wales, Samoa, Fiji and Tonga. My point is even though basketball is probably way below soccer, the gap between basketball and the sports below it is staggering. For example, in China there are no more than 100 rugby union teams compared to basketball’s 4 million or more!!!

Truly in my opinion, basketball and soccer are the two global sports empire trying to carve out their own pieces in the world map. What I mean by pieces of course is the countries. So far soccer is way ahead of this great sporting war having a possession of over 180 countries, while other sports can’t even claim 10 countries, let alone the second place basketball with only four (USA, Puerto Rico, Lithuania and the Philippines).

However we shouldn’t underestimate the true potential of basketball as it is very popular in most nations and it remains as the second sport of choice as well in most countries behind soccer. Back to the topic, and I guess whoever governing sport body that claims number one spot in China whether it is FIFA or FIBA, that sets that particular sport to have a shot of being the world game. In soccer’s case they don’t really need China at all with the amount of countries that they possess that is why soccer is just too powerful that it is also a religion in most countries. However, with soccer being the number 1 sport in China it just gives them extra authority over other sports that they are the lone superpower of world sport.

Please let me know about your thoughts about this article!!!

perth sharkie

Juniors
We know that football is the number one sport globally. You don't have to keep starting threads about it. It reeks of insecurity on your part.

Copa

Bench
Google link for "second most popular sport in the world"
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&safe=off&scoring=d&q=%22second+most+popular+sport+in+the+world%22&btnG=Search&meta=

Google link for "third most popular sport in the world"

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&safe=off&scoring=d&q=%22third+most+popular+sport+in+the+world%22&meta=

As you can see heaps and heaps of sports claim to be in the top three..

shooting
chess
Bocce
golf
judo
table tennis
tennis
rugby union
baseball
basketball
cricket
etc etc etc etc

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
RU is not bigger than soccer in SA, there are only 4 million white people in Sth Africa out of 47 million, guess what the majority play?

I seen some Curry cup games during the week and 2 games had about 5 blacks playing out of those 4 teams, so much for RU being the big game aye?

In Wales soccer is taking over, in Scotland they can't get more than 2,500 to some RU games but soccer gets them in.

Samoa, Fiji and Tonga have small populations that wouldn't be half of Sydneys population if you added them all together.

And i like it how they say there are over 100 RU clubs in China, wonder why they can't make the UWC?
You would think with 100 clubs times 17 for each club = 1700 players they would be better than a team from Nanibia (sp)or some other big RU nation?

Ive never seen a sport that BS's so much as RU, and there fans believe it FFS.

In-goal

Bench
Fishing would be a bigger sport than BB even golf and tennis, Football is the worlds biggest sport then probably cricket as the Sub Continent is about as big as china

Broncos fan

Juniors
In-goal said:
Fishing would be a bigger sport than BB even golf and tennis, Football is the worlds biggest sport then probably cricket as the Sub Continent is about as big as china

Dont you know that the sub continent is part of asia, and basketball is the second biggest sport in Asia behind soccer.

Latest posts