What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A new low?

m0j0

Bench
That's the second time in 12 years with been beaten by the bunnies. We were woeful. Adjectives that come to mind include unimaginative, uninspiring, bland, and predictable.

I don't want to take anything away from the Bunnies - they've obviously bought a lot of talent and they're a different side because of it - but we wouldn't have beaten the Central Coast Rip tonight (and if you know anything about the Rip, you'll know how bad that is).

I'm not looking forward to next week.

Jebediah

Juniors
Firstly, I can't remember the last time the Roosters won a game when it was raining. Secondly, i can't think of anything Aubusson did? I don't remember him running, kicking or passing. Only positive is Danny Nutley who has remained a workhorse.
Undecided on this 1 marker tactic but against the Cowboys we could be ripped apart if we don't tighten up in that area.
When will the 1000 come...

m0j0

Bench
Jebediah said:
i can't think of anything Aubusson did? I don't remember him running, kicking or passing.
I was thinking he didn't make it on the field at all, or that he was hiding behind the goal posts. But I'm not going to put all the blame on him. There were quite a few that should be hanging their heads in shame.
Jebediah said:
Only positive is Danny Nutley who has remained a workhorse.
Undecided on this 1 marker tactic but against the Cowboys we could be ripped apart if we don't tighten up in that area.
I think we'll get ripped a new one regardless.
Jebediah said:
When will the 1000 come...
Not next week.

Malonez

Juniors
Gee wiz, who woulda thought?

After round 1 ...

a shark attack at Toyota Park!!!
a heart attack in the rooters coaches box!!!

Generalzod

Immortal
Ricky wasn't that bad after all, but hey the Roosters always reward good coaches especially ones that make the Grand Final with the sack....

Wobbygong

First Grade
Even though you have Amos Roberts to come back into the side who has plenty of attacking flair, you appear to have nothing in you halves to trigger some attack. I know you have four "great prospects" for the halves, however I really think you needed to buy an established five eighth ie Jason Smith for a year to tutor the young blokes ie Pearce, Soward, Lewis and Aubusson etc.

If you make the eight it will be a very good effort.

p.s Anderson's one marker ploy will be exploited by most teams, I thought Souths didn't run anywhere near enough traffic up the guts. To score on Souths all you need to do is bomb their wingers who are clueless Merritt and Mellor couldn't catch a cold.

petetheileet

First Grade
was at the game and you guys were terrible...i had them as top 8 contenders but u guys have a mile of work to do

Julz

Juniors
The first thing that has to go is anderson one marker tactic rubbish, never worked once last night, it didn't help our forwards. Secondly soward and lewis have to be our halves, bring shillington and plum to the side, perret to make room for roberts.

Muffdaddy

Juniors
Yeah, we had nothing in attack and not much more in defence.
Lewis would've been awesome with a 5/8, although Roy didn't do much wrong, he just seemed lost.
We will win next week against the Cowgirls though.
Don't know why, just have a good feeling.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Muffdaddy said:
Yeah, we had nothing in attack and not much more in defence.
Lewis would've been awesome with a 5/8, although Roy didn't do much wrong, he just seemed lost.
We will win next week against the Cowgirls though.
Don't know why, just have a good feeling.

Gee I'm glad someone is confident.

I didn't expect a victory but I did expect them to play better than they did last night.

I still think we missed the flair that Soward brings. We have some great forwards to cover for any lapses that Soward might have in Defence. IF we are gonna run a full bench of forwards we need some spark and we need someone like Soward.

Other than that I'm not looking forward to next week at all.

Hey MOJO do you have a Restaurant on the Coast??

Ridders

Coach
why is beattie in the team ahead of shillington. While i applaud the purchase of nutley, why shillington, or myles for than matter, is not in the starting prop position ahead of beattie is beyond my comprehension

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Jebediah said:
Shillington was on the bench for Newtown.
Reports that he trained poorly in the off-season.

Too many mid weekas down the palace! At one stage he used to stamp everyone that walked in the joint!

sretsoor

Juniors
Every set of six we put up the bomb hoping for the best, paid of once all night. They didnt try any other option which is a major cause of concern.

Bluebag

Juniors
Shillington has had injuries not trained poorly, he did not even train with PL this week and played on Saturday and started and had a solid hit out.

Geohood

Bench
Dont worry guys, once the team plays together for around 5 rounds things will start to improve.

We played like a team that has barely played with each other. ;)

2 True Blues

Coach
Geohood said:
Dont worry guys, once the team plays together for around 5 rounds things will start to improve.

We played like a team that has barely played with each other. ;)

I agree mate. Writing a team off after round one is just totally ridiculous. I was actually pissed off that the Roosters were playing a 2007 Souths side in the first round. A tough ask given their recruitment drive. However I did think with the talent in the Roosters side it would have been closer. The side will definately improve though as there is a HEAP of talent available. ;-)