What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A NSW Regional Side In The NRL

WHERE SHOULD THIS SIDE BE LOCATED

• TAMWORTH

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • BALLINA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • COFFS HARBOUR

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • GRAFTON

• LISMORE

• DUBBO

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • WAGGA WAGGA

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • PORT MACQUARIE

• ALBURY

• BATHURST

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • EDEN

• TENTERFIELD

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • NONE OF THE ABOVE I WILL POST IN THE THREAD WHERE IT SHOULD BE

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
None. It'd be great in theory to have a Country NRL side, it's only the way the NRL would do anything for the game out here, but it's not even nearly possible. I can't even see how a NSW Cup side could even come from anywhere in NSW Country - and by Country I mean the real country not provincial areas like Newcastle, CC, Canberra, Wollongong. There's only a handful of country places where it could happen and even then it would require a massive committment from some important parties.

Alex28

Coach
Tenterfield Yes, but Orange No?

What a dumb thread. How about we look at realistic expansion...

TheDalek079

Bench
attendance......2500. won't look good. why expand into no-mans-land when Perth and the CC are crying out for teams?

perverse

Referee
ROFL! TENTERFIELD!

my god. the most exciting things they have are the swimming pool and this 50's style diner that has crunchy hotdog buns (which i hate).

honestly though, were you high when you wrote that list? anyone who had been to tenterfield would certainly not recommend they put an NRL team there.

bazza

Immortal
The way to give these places a higher RL profile is to establish a state-wide 2nd grade comp like we have in Qld. Then put these teams in charge of development of their areas (like the Seagulls Academy in Wynnum-Manly & Redland City) & get NRL clubs to have an affiliation with them.

I agree
It would be good if some of the bigger clubs in the areas joined together to create a regional team in the NSW cup. That is if the locals would be interested.

If the population of the area grew enough in 10 or 20 years time, this team could be the basis of an NRL team.

Candidates could include
Central West - based in Bathurst/Orange
New England - based in Tamworth
North Coast - based in Coffs Harbour
Riverina - based in Wagga Wagga
Team based around Port Macquarie

Of course this would only be worth it if people in the area wanted it and the area was looking at doubling its population soon

Teddyboy

First Grade
Polls let the world know what people are thinking

Also one would think the areas i mentioned have more rugby league following than other larger cities that don't give a stuff about the game

I say grow the game in areas where the game is known then take it into the unknown

That might be true with these smaller areas liking League just as much as the area's in Sydney.

Redback71

First Grade
between Newcastle and the Gold Coast is a big gap of over 900 kms. If we could get a team in the area about halfway one day that would be a great step in the right direction.

Loudstrat

Coach
Errr, anyone remember a regional side that did quite well a few years ago? Little place somewhere east of Hexham...I think the name's something like Oldfort or something...might come to me later toKNIGHT...

FFS, of all the rediculous threads. If you got a Nazi stormtrooper division in Tenterfield and forced everyone into the local stadium, the crowd would STILL be smaller than Cronulla v Souths in a blizzard. Could just imagine the big coup: "The Tenterfield Testicles have signed Sonny Bill Williams to a 5 year deal worth a bale of hay"

Biker f**tard, your deleted thread must have been sh*t for you to keep this one! What was it about? Playing Origin at Wilcannia? Why Preston Campbell and Jarred Sammit should be the Test front rowers? Playing the GF on concrete to save the NRL the cost of a lawnmower????

Mr Saab

Referee
Ok thats DUBBO what about the other towns and cities mentioned

What about them? Eden? Tenterfield? Bathurst? They are pisses in the ocean.
I can just see David Gallop (if he is still around) trying to negotiate the next TV deal.
"ummmmmmm well we have expanded into Eden and Bathurst...arrrrrr....we are looking into expanding into Cobar next...ahhhh i think we deserve another 50 million from our last deal"

Biker....how can i put this nicely.....hmmm i cant....you are dumber than Loti and Razor combined.

Serc

First Grade
ROFL! TENTERFIELD!

my god. the most exciting things they have are the swimming pool and this 50's style diner that has crunchy hotdog buns (which i hate).

honestly though, were you high when you wrote that list? anyone who had been to tenterfield would certainly not recommend they put an NRL team there.

Lets not be too harsh there my good man - they have a good fish and chips shop on the western side of the highway, I try to drop in there every time I drive past if its meal time :D

Loudstrat

Coach
Lets not be too harsh there my good man - they have a good fish and chips shop on the western side of the highway, I try to drop in there every time I drive past if its meal time :D

Tenterfield announce major signings

The Tenterfield Testicles have announced a major coup, by signing Parramatta hooker Mark Ridell to a 3 year deal. Tenterfield CEO Amanda Vanstone concluded the deal after new signings Wendell Sailor and Owen Craigie spike to Ridell about the quality of the scollops at the local fish shop. Ridell is expected to parther Union convert Matt Dunning in the halves. Meanwhile, former Queensland coach Arthur Beetson has been recruited to help Preston Campbell bulk up for his new front row assignment...

Anyone ever been to Eden? It consists of a pub, a pie shop, and a boat ramp FFS!!!!