What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A player you thought was a diamond but ended up a rock

forward pass

Coach
I know he was never going to be a diamond - but what happened to the AFL player that Panthers signed up this season??

Samisone Langi is another one. I thought he would make it. He seemed to play nice and direct and have a good short passing game. He reminded me a bit of Jason Smith, albeit at a lower level. Just never amounted to anything did he.

Yes. He played well for Tonga in the 2013 WC, thought he would play a lot for the Eastern Sydney Roosters.

mongoose

Coach
Whatever happened to Kevin Locke? I remember everyone discussing who would be the best fullback out of Dugan, Coote and Locke back when they were in NYC.

Looks like Coote won.

mongoose

Coach
Whatever happened to Kevin Locke? I remember everyone discussing who would be the best fullback out of Dugan, Coote and Locke back when they were in NYC.

Looks like Coote won.

There was also some Tigers player, Mullaney maybe?

DiegoNT

First Grade

Looks like Coote won.
Played 8 tests for new zealand and a grand final. Doesn't quite fit the OPs criteria

myrrh ken

First Grade
Karl Filiga, if no-one has mentioned it.

Touted as the next SBW, signed on with the Sharks for $600K over 3 years (big money in 2007). Played a total of 11 minutes of first grade. Then disappeared.

perverse

Referee
Karl Filiga, if no-one has mentioned it.

Touted as the next SBW, signed on with the Sharks for $600K over 3 years (big money in 2007). Played a total of 11 minutes of first grade. Then disappeared.
What was the end of this guys story? Bloke just totally vanished.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Never got out of lower grades. Sharks gave him a compassionate grounds release.

I always thought we should've just played him for a couple of games, or at least one full game, given so much was sunk into him. Its not as if we had a shite hot squad back then.

He mustve been terrible for those 11 minutes.

axl rose

Bench
Tim Smith is still only 31. What might have been. That 2005 form was special. And so was he in a special needs kind of way.

Latest posts