What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Positive from Tonight!!

Suitman

Post Whore
An over 15 000 crowd.

Absolutely nobody picked that - not even from these boards.
A terrific crowd. Lord know's it'll drop off pretty quickly if things continue as they are, but that was fantastic for a Monday night.
Dare I say the membership push has helped in this regard big time. I know people who went tonight who signed up for memberships this year for the first time, and tonight was the first game they'd gone to.
Don't know why, but it was a fantastic crowd.

Good onya all.

Suity

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
I didn't know the actual crowd figure but I remember thinking when they ran out that it was a decent crowd, considering it was Monday night and against the Raiders.

Fee

Juniors
It was a big crowd for a Monday night game Suity, but like you said , dont know how long it will last if we continue to play like we are. There were a few other positives from tonight but we still arent playing like a team.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, good point Suity.

I was surprised at how big the crowd looked, on a coolish Monday night with the team out of form and an out of town opponent.

Well done - I just hope that the crowd numbers continue to stay healthy in coming weeks, given the booing that went on, the early departures, and the comments through the game. I'll be happy to be pleasantly surprised again!

salvy71

Juniors
Yep - great crowd , was expecting around the 10k mark .......can't remember a crowd that big for a raiders game in a very long time .

Suitman

Post Whore
Yeah, good point Suity.

I was surprised at how big the crowd looked, on a coolish Monday night with the team out of form and an out of town opponent.

Well done - I just hope that the crowd numbers continue to stay healthy in coming weeks, given the booing that went on, the early departures, and the comments through the game. I'll be happy to be pleasantly surprised again!

We need to keep winning. That just about seals it. Otherwise, numbers drop off.
It was almost as big as the Manly game which was a Sunday arvo. That in itself is a massive turnout for us on a Monday.
Once again, I congratulate all those who went.
I was on babysitting duties, and as a non season ticket holder, diminished income for the club. I'm sorry everyone. :(

Cracking crowd though. Besides Brisbane and Maybe Newcastle, I don't know how many clubs would have got that crowd tonight after the start we've had to the season.
Once again..........Top effort.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
We need to keep winning. That just about seals it. Otherwise, numbers drop off.
That's the key, have to send the punter home happy sometimes, otherwise they won't keep backing up.

The off-season membership drive was very successful, and the club really maximised its returns from the teams' successful latter half of last year :thumn. However a different challenge now awaits.

Suitman

Post Whore
That's the key, have to send the punter home happy sometimes, otherwise they won't keep backing up.

The off-season membership drive was very successful, and the club really maximised its returns from the teams' successful latter half of last year :thumn. However a different challenge now awaits.

Exactly.
The challenge will lie if we have an unsuccessful season.
I hope and don't suspect we will.
If we don't, the challenge becomes easier.
If we fail this season, the challenge will be astronomically difficult to retain members.
That's when we'll find out whether this board and admin can cut the mustard.

Suity

Gaffman

Juniors
Seeing as we're discussing positives here i'll continue on.

Just watched the post match interview on fox website and I can't help but be impressed with the way DA conducts himself on camera. Maybe in the sheds he's blowing up deluxe, but for the media and the fans he's just the picture of positive optimism.

And i didn't disagree with most of what he had to say. Tonight the structure of our attack did look a lot sharper, i think the changes around the hooker and halves were a step in the right direction and should be kept for next week.

On the subject of next week, i'm really looking forward to the clash with the bunnies, and how refreshing will it be to NOT be favorites with the bookmakers for the first time this year. I can't help but feel that fact alone will have the boys in a very different mindset when they run out on sunday.

On Jazz: Felt sorry him tonight. He's playing like a guy who understands his importance to the team, his responsibilities and showing a genuine willingness to get the job done BUT just at the moment doesn't have the personal form to make it all gel. He's there doing the hard stuff, taking hitups, getting smashed, still safe as ever under the high ball... just rusty with his critical touches.

Its round 5. Take a breath :) Still over 40 competition points on offer this season. Still loving the footy being back on and STILL loving supporting the Eels.

Cheers

Suitman

Post Whore
Seeing as we're discussing positives here i'll continue on.

Just watched the post match interview on fox website and I can't help but be impressed with the way DA conducts himself on camera. Maybe in the sheds he's blowing up deluxe, but for the media and the fans he's just the picture of positive optimism.

And i didn't disagree with most of what he had to say. Tonight the structure of our attack did look a lot sharper, i think the changes around the hooker and halves were a step in the right direction and should be kept for next week.

On the subject of next week, i'm really looking forward to the clash with the bunnies, and how refreshing will it be to NOT be favorites with the bookmakers for the first time this year. I can't help but feel that fact alone will have the boys in a very different mindset when they run out on sunday.

On Jazz: Felt sorry him tonight. He's playing like a guy who understands his importance to the team, his responsibilities and showing a genuine willingness to get the job done BUT just at the moment doesn't have the personal form to make it all gel. He's there doing the hard stuff, taking hitups, getting smashed, still safe as ever under the high ball... just rusty with his critical touches.

Its round 5. Take a breath :) Still over 40 competition points on offer this season. Still loving the footy being back on and STILL loving supporting the Eels.

Cheers

Saw the interview and couldn't agree more.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
An over 15 000 crowd.

Absolutely nobody picked that - not even from these boards.
A terrific crowd. Lord know's it'll drop off pretty quickly if things continue as they are, but that was fantastic for a Monday night.
Dare I say the membership push has helped in this regard big time. I know people who went tonight who signed up for memberships this year for the first time, and tonight was the first game they'd gone to.
Don't know why, but it was a fantastic crowd.

Good onya all.

Suity

yep, tough times don't last tough people do, lets see how many of them turn up on sunday..

Joely01

Bench
It was such a good crowd. There should of been a few more parra chants but good crowd. been to every game bar the sharkies game and thing all crowds for us have been good, even the tigers game.
Great work guys

strider

Post Whore
We need to keep winning. ...

"We need to start winning."

I fixed it for ya :D :thumn

It was a very good crowd for a monday night game with an out of sydney team .... they mustn't have known I wasn't coming or else they probably wouldn't have bother tbh

The Engineers Room

First Grade
We were better last night, probably the best we have been, sure we didn't win but there was more attack. There were a few defensive lapses on the right hand side defence with Reddy. The problem was at times we went back to one out especially in the opposition half when we should be attacking. At one stage M Keating picked up the ball near the line and had to go himself because no one was running. There still isn't enough players running.

But it was much more positive, Inu into the side next week either for Reddy suspended or for Tahu who is still a few steps behind.

Swiftstylez

Bench
You drive a truck? :D

LOL I take it you were joking. I don't know why it took so long to clear up the F3... I left straight after the game and got home to Newcastle at 1:30 on Tuesday morning. You think they could have had some kind off road side updates or a number to call or something. Ah well, the things you do for the Eels.

LOL I take it you were joking. I don't know why it took so long to clear up the F3... I left straight after the game and got home to Newcastle at 1:30 on Tuesday morning. You think they could have had some kind off road side updates or a number to call or something. Ah well, the things you do for the Eels.
there is mate 132701 its a recorded message from the RTA with information about traffic conditions or to report an incident call 131700
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/usingroads/managingtraffic/transportmanagementcentre/index.html

Last edited:

Latest posts