What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a potential piece of history nobody's thought of yet

i haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but if the eels do win on friday night apart from parra going into the grand final it would also become Hazem El Masri's final nrl game

i hope this doesnt need to be said but i would like to think such a gentleman and ambassador for the game both on and off the field would be shown a little courtesy, not booing and catcalls at such an important occasion

what if it was hindys last game, you would want the opposition fans to shut up and show him some respect hazem deserves the same

yy_cheng

Coach
It has been mentioned somewhere in an article that the doggie fans should go as it might well be his last game for the dogs.

Fitz

Juniors
'if' is the important word.

As Eels fans we know that with Parramatta, we can't get too carried away

guruminga

Juniors
He's done a lot for the game and it will be disappointing if Parra Fans boo him. standing ovation I say.

by the way. it will be their last game, we'll smash them.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I personally care more about Joe Galavao, Kevin Kingston and Todd Lowrie potientially playing their last game for Parra.

I personally care more about Joe Galavao, Kevin Kingston and Todd Lowrie potientially playing their last game for Parra.
its a total mystery to me that someone hasnt snapped kingston up yet he wouldnt even need top dollar he's practically playing for a pie and coke after the game at parra this year

TheParraboy

Staff member
The guy demands respect

However, I certainly hope we target his wing a heck of a lot and make his last game hell

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Wouldn't this game make Hindy equal with Price for most games played with parra? Or would that be the following game?

I won't boo him.

But I'm definitely not going to applaud him.

A lifelong Scum player. Took the pointscoring record off a more deserving player. Should have retired at least 2 years ago.

But he is a nice guy.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I dont see what the big deal about him is. He is no better then Luke Burt other then his total amount of points.

The only thing that makes Hazem El Masri "lovable" is that he doesnt fit into the stereotypical Lebanese person but is still popular.

The only thing that makes Hazem El Masri "lovable" is that he doesnt fit into the stereotypical Lebanese person but is still popular.

I think there is more to it than that.

It is hard to deny that he has been a true gentleman and ambassador for the game, irrespective of his culture and religion.

And despite being a goal kicking genius, he has picked up his share of four pointers along the way.

Despite this, I hope he finishes his career with tears of disappointment ;-)

oldmancraigy

Coach
I dont see what the big deal about him is. He is no better then Luke Burt other then his total amount of points.

He can kick goals better than Burt can.

But overall it's no stretch to say that Burt is a better player. And I do NOT think that Burt is in the games elite by any stretch of the imagination.

Hazem is a nice guy who SOMEHOW got a state of origin jersey (ridiculous) - Bulldogs will miss his goalkicking a LITTLE bit (surely someone else can kick 75% - that is, 6 goals less out of every hundred); but they won't miss his "pace", "height", and "strength".

Good on him for what he's done for the game though.

Clarkieel

Juniors
sorry I cant join the love fest I cant stand Hazem and I dont think he is an exceptionally great player yes he can kick goals extremely well but this game is about us and our boys and that is all I care about!!

Latest posts