What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Serious Look At 2011

The Bassman

Juniors
One last thing ....

On Hayne being a number 6 ....

Quite while ago, everyone thought that Wayne Bennet was mad putting Lockyer in the number 6.

He was a great fullback and we all wondered why Bennet persisted when Lockyer was HORRID at first (well for a while he was shocking at 5/8).

Now Lockyer is regarded as the best 5/8 in the game.

maybe the idea is not so out of the world for Hayne to be at 5/8.

but just not right now I think !!!

parraeelz

Juniors
I personally don't think Hayne should shift into the 6 position yet. I feel he is still learning the game at fullback and is alot better suited there RIGHT NOW. However he is still only 22 and in years to come MAYBE the 6 would be the ideal position for him. But right now fullback is his natural game and using his instinct and coming in plays at his pleasure is when he is performing at best. If he goes into playing 6 I feel he will fall into the trap of doing too much. He seems more of a natural 1 to me too with great vision and a kicking game, dont think him playing at 6 will necessary improve his game

Daneel

Bench
Ken Sio I think is still a little bit away, but Loko is ready for a trial in the big leagues.

Sio will be a star of the future, but with Hayne at fullback, Ken better think if other postions!!!

What is reassuring is that Parra have signed them both up to 2 year extensions on their contracts.

I do hope Guru is around for another year, I think we have missed him this year, but both he and Burt are in their final years with League, so both Sio and Loko are good options for the future on the wings.

Tahu should be better next year with having had a full year in the NRL back under his wings, I really expect big things from "T" next year.

Mason ... hmmmm .... would be an asset, but time will tell there.

Same with Piggy .... I would LOVE to see him back in the blue and gold, but i think we need to iron out the halves issue first.

Pat O'hanlon, I would love to see how he would be off the bench. It's a shame to see him wasting away with Wenty. I have watched the last few games with him in their team and he has looked a bit lost, unlike his form in the Toyota cup where he looked to have some direction. Hopefully he can make the step up to the top grade. I recall a player who looked the goods in Toyota Cup, Baumann. He was a brilliant backrower, reminding me of Hindy in his younger days ..... where is he now?

I would like to see if Anthony Mitchell can get a run and play a role similar to Kingston did last year, but again .... I'm not the coach or a selector, just a fan, so I don't know about their attitude and efforts away from us.

Anyhoo, it was all good food for thought from everyone!!

Nice to think about what next season could bring!!

One of my favourites he was. I honestly thought he would be plying his trade in the nrl by now. Just goes to show the difference between toyota cup and nrl. This competition is screaming out for a descent reserve grade comp.