What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A sideline idea

Simo

First Grade
Playing the game yesterday i had a situation which lead to an idea.

When you tackle a player and you are holding them standing up, whilst the player struggles to get free and the defender is clutching to his upper body, you should be able to push the direction you would like to take him, and when there is two in the tackle it should be more effective.

E.G.

What happens regularly to me is i have a player right next to the sideline and when my defender rolls the player over and takes him to the ground he always seems to roll him away from the sideline and keeps him in the field of play.

With my directional idea, whilst tapping my tackle button to bring him down i would push towards the sideline with my directional pad and my player would try to push him out, like in real life when a player is trapped near the sideline. The attacking player could do the same thing and try and stay in, or have a 'desperate pass' where he will try to throw it back in if he is losing.

It would have to be balanced ofcourse and maybe the size and strength attributes would determine who wins the 'push' as the attacking player would obviously try and stay in.

Thoughts?

NPK

Bench
Sounds good, also a penalty could be awarded to the attacking team if the tackle over the sideline is too late..after the ref has called held, just like in real life.

Erhan

Juniors
The struggle would need to go for only 1-2 seconds, otherwise you'd be able to slow down the play the ball everytime which would change the game speed dramatically.

Simo

First Grade
Erhan, yeah i a agree. It definately would needs things like that to keep the game flowing and youd have to make sure you can still run near the sideline because you wouldnt want it to become a frustrating feature where everytime the computer flicks you out or anything.

Latest posts