What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Successful Club

druzik

Juniors
How is it that the Titans did not meet the USARL standards but Oneida did? Wasn't Oneida not even able to field a team for the full season last year? I understand there's more to it then just participation but having the best management in the world is worthless if you cant put a team on the field.

That is a good question... not sure about the player situation there ... I didn't see any of their games. This year I should have a better time of it getting up to Boston.

druzik

Juniors
So as for the 2012 seasons we have:

USARL: Baltimore Blues / Boston Thirteens / Jacksonville Axemen / New Haven Warriors / Oneida FC / Philadelphia Fight / Rhode Island Rebellion / Washington D.C. Slayers

AMNRL: Utah Avalanche / Northern Virginia Eagles / Aston Bulls / Buck County Sharks / Connecticut WildCats / New York Knights / Northern Raiders / Chicago Stockyarders / New Jersey Turnpike Titans

??????????
Utah and Chicago are still development teams, as I think Hawaii still is.

If Niuy's tweets are anything to go by yesterday then he will look at a post season tournament where he will have the winning teams from the development areas come and play each other.

Yes the Sharks have looked at the USARL, but the decision had nothing to do with the travel or the "formal" structure of the usarl. It was merely a" if it aint broke, dont fix it" mentality. Both organizations have their flaws, but they only get in the way if you buy into it. We at the Sharks feel we can be ambassadors to the game of RL without having to get into the constant pissing contest that has been going on here as of late. We hold great relationships with both sides and will be the first ones to jump at the chance of a cross comp match. I dnt think its fair that people keep calling the AMNRL a second tier comp and condem each team that goes out there and competes every saturday. I can say not once this season did we practice our malicious tweets and smear words at training, it was all business. As far as a successful club goes we do not have a stadium or tens of thousand of dollars in sponsorships, but we have an excited young team, a pretty nice chunk of change in the bank and grow each season. We have our own standards and hopefully the RL world appreciates that.

druzik

Juniors
Yes the Sharks have looked at the USARL, but the decision had nothing to do with the travel or the "formal" structure of the usarl. It was merely a" if it aint broke, dont fix it" mentality. Both organizations have their flaws, but they only get in the way if you buy into it. We at the Sharks feel we can be ambassadors to the game of RL without having to get into the constant pissing contest that has been going on here as of late. We hold great relationships with both sides and will be the first ones to jump at the chance of a cross comp match. I dnt think its fair that people keep calling the AMNRL a second tier comp and condem each team that goes out there and competes every saturday. I can say not once this season did we practice our malicious tweets and smear words at training, it was all business. As far as a successful club goes we do not have a stadium or tens of thousand of dollars in sponsorships, but we have an excited young team, a pretty nice chunk of change in the bank and grow each season. We have our own standards and hopefully the RL world appreciates that.

Certainly do... that is a great reply.

I for one this year will try to get to every Sharks game this season... time and work permitting.

Probably the most intelligent post since all the bickering between both leagues began. My vote which is determined not by results but measured by the awareness and following both domestic and international are as follows. This also trickles down to sponsors, operations and how the team looks on the field.

1) Jacksonville Axemen
2) Philadelphia Fight
3) NY Knights
4) Rhode Island Rebellion
5) DC Slayers
6) Connecticut Wildcats
7) New Haven Warriors
8) Aston Bulls
9) Bucks County Sharks
10) Everybody Else

We take offense to our positioning on your list but your opinion is heard.

tcc_dc

Juniors
this is my view of the sharks...

They have always lacked good facilities, resources, etc...

But what always made them a great club was the guys they had on their team. They were a team with great guys who played hard for each other, and you always knew you were in a game.

I am just glad that they are back together, because seeing some of those guys play for other teams was sad.

sharkies9

Juniors
The sharks are the only team in the comp to have the same consistent field for every season since 2001. The field is proper size for rugby league, there are proper bathroom facilities, and our after party establishment has always been in walking distance to the pitch. The bulls have jumped around between different pitches that were usually only 50 yards wide once niuy left glen mills. The teams that have had a "stadium" never had anyone in it. The sharks also have real fans in Levittown that are not related to the players come and watch. The exception to this is Jax. And now Philly.