What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A supporter’s expectations

Jersey No 14

Juniors
A supporter’s expectations

Our club has turned the corner and through management decisions we are winging it forward in a positive way.

That’s happiness true in the heart.

I’m completely delighted that Shane Flanagan is our coach.

From what I’ve seen - I believe there is a brightened unity throughout the ranks and into the club as a whole - thanks to Flanagan’s presence.

While I want to win the comp every year we know that won’t happen. That’s just the one-eye supporter talking.

Now while our roster is (let’s say) less than satisfactory I believe we won’t get the wooden spoon. We will however come close - that’s undeniable.

With that blossoming unity I believe we won’t get flogged too often.

I’m hoping we jag a few wins both at home and travelling , including the ANZAC clash.

A glass half full. Anywhere from 11 to 15 will do fine.

My distant wishes. We jag a few wins through solid TEAM work this year and we’ll get those better players to further our 5 year cause to win another comp.

Dragon David

First Grade
I tend to agree with your post Jersey No 14. Having Flanagan as the head coach doing things his way rather than when he was assistant coach under Mary and Seibold will ensure our new season will be better than the years under Griffin.

My expectations are that we will win a few games away, which will be an improvement for us from last year during which we won none and that we will win several more home games than last year as well. I see a big all round improvement in our squad in their defensive approach and better attacking plans particularly close to the line.

Hunt will be better under Flanno both on and off field with little talk of wanting out. I also expect a few good signings sometime in the year for season 2025 and beyond.

Dragons4me

Juniors
There are a number of positives.
1) Twiggy's sponsorship. Having Australia's second richest person behind us can only be a bonus moving forward.
2) Flannagan. Has won before so knows what it takes.
3) New COE in the Gong.
4) Leagues club at Kogarah update. Hopefully bringing the Taj into the 21st century.
5) Appears to be a genuine focus of juniors with size, and from outside our catchment area. Bath's babes version 2.

This is a given.
The greatest rugby Leagues club and team in the world. Bar none!

Last edited:

Lovemedragons

Juniors
There are a number of positives.
1) Twiggy's sponsorship. Having Australia's second richest person behind us can only be a bonus moving forward.
2) Flannagan. Has won before so knows what it takes.
3) New COE in the Gong.
4) Leagues club at Kogarah update. Hopefully bringing the Taj into the 21st century.
5) Appears to be a genuine focus of juniors with size, and from outside our catchment area. Bath's babes version 2.

This is a given.
The greatest rugby Leagues club and team in the world. Bar none!
Twiggy is only in it for the turbines, give up your ocean so he can make a few more million under a big lie.

Yeah nah, Twiggy can stay in Perth, well away from the red and white.

SBD82

Coach
My expectations this year have nothing to do with where we finish on the table.

All I want to see is a well coached side, the things I’m looking for are:

- a defensive pattern where it is obvious that players have a role and work together.

- an attacking structure where the playmakers have options.

- an attacking structure designed to utilize the skill sets of the players.

- skill development for players that helps them fulfill their potential.

- a selection policy that rewards the players who demonstrate an ability and willingness to play their role in the teams’ structures.

I don’t care about individual brilliance. This club needs to get back to the basics. The fancy shit can wait.

This Year?

Immortal

- a defensive pattern where it is obvious that players have a role and work together.

- a selection policy that rewards the players who demonstrate an ability and willingness to play their role in the teams’ structures.

I don’t care about individual brilliance. This club needs to get back to the basics. The fancy shit can wait.
This also for me but also another thing:

No off field dramas like we've had since the 2018 offseason.
So sick of the club being dragged through the mud.

getsmarty

Immortal

Well said.