What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A thread to whinge..

kennett1

Juniors
There's a huge discrepancy between seasoned level and legend. 20 min game i could thrash cronulla sharks 74-24 in rainy weather (yeah i still had trouble defending)...

but when i played legend level, suddenly it was me getting thrashed...24-0 after 20min..

suddenly they kept breaking my tackles despite me using "aggressive tackle".. they seemed to be able to pass freely and never knocked on..whereas my players suddenly made mistake after mistake..

and strangely all the sharks suddenly ran faster than my players in legend mode..

i repeated the same game 3 times..and lost all three..

once after i gang tackled Riek and injured him, i managed to score a try in that game..but still lost..

bizarre..

so i gave up...Seasoned's much more reasonable..sometimes i won (actually most of the time..if i were roosters ) and occasionally i lost..

legend...i never won a single game..its too painful to play

inertia666

Juniors
i think gols patch addresses these issues for legend mode. i think the seasoned is too easy and the legend too hard but im not a hardcore player every day so maybe its just my tactics and skill that arent up to scratch.

the biggest problem is the speed, the number of times ive kicked the ball deep into the opponents terroirty only to have someone bust through 4 guys and sprint to the try line and score is unbelievable. the coputer also "cheats" more like short startoffs that catch yuo offside and kicking into touch touch from a restart so they get the ball 5m out.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I play League God mode for 30minutes. Last game I played as Parramatta I won 14-12 with the dogs scoring on the siren. Of course I have patched this game and edited for weeks to get it how I wanted it.

Eels Dude

Coach
Yeah I have to agree that there are big differences between seasoned and legend levels. In seasoned it is too easy to break tackles and scoring comes too easy. In legend the opposing players run too fast, if I make a break they always run me down, however if they make a break they're always going to score. Long range tries are virtually impossible in legend. Also tackling is very hard, even moreso in wet weather. Scoring from scrums is the easiest way to go, and if ya don't dominate possesion there isn't much chance.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
If this is PC then you need to tweek the stats. Increase your teams speed and defence and decrease there attack so it becomes a low scoring game.

Deano

Juniors
I'm actually ok with playing on league god with 15 min games on my PS2. Then again I play this game a LOT but have stopped recently as I just beat the NRL with the sharks.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
inertia666 said:
dvdhntr, why don't you zip up your edited files and up them so everyone can check them out?

You'd have to be a Parra fan to appreciate it. The best way to do it is to email them to someone and have them use your editor to change the team stats.

ATM Parra has an attack of 3 and defence of 9. The rest are average attack 8 and defence 5, dependant on my assessment of the comp.

So if you were a say St George Fan change them to 3-9 and make Parramatta something like 8-4.

Sean7

Juniors
I can win quite easily on Legend. I actually put 70 points on Manly in a 15 minute game. However, to do this I had to select backs in the forwards. The computer does cheat though and some times it's completely out of your control whether you win or loose, especially in the wet.

I have my biggest wins in the wet, I win most games in the wet by a large margin as it's so easy to break tackles, but if the Xbox decides it's not your day, then there's nothing you can do to stop it, which is pretty pathetic.

In my last game against the Warriors I got smashed. They just kept on stepping which means I'm not allowed to tackle them and when they didn't step, they just broke my tackles and when they didn't break my tackles and I'd stop them close to the line, one of my ultra intelligent teammates would come along and drag them over the line.

My players kept dropping basic passes, though I scored off every set when I held the ball, but then my players wouldn't catch the ball off the kick offs so they'd just get the ball back again in good field position. I couldn't get any momentum.

God this game's a mess.

Goleel

Juniors
If you could throw your files my way sometime I'd love to have a look, especially as an Eels fan. I've done some editing that I think is similar to what you've done (lowered break tackle and raised tackle), but that's only for the origin sides, I haven't got the commitment to do it for all teams, not just yet, anyway, since while the gameplay is different, its just too hard to score tries in any way other than off the opposition mistakes (which are often) or through good field position thanks to the AI not kicking (I normally let the AI get a kick away on the last, just for realism, but even giving them room they often run it).

As for the difficulty levels, it will just click at some stage. Defense is a skill in this game, don't give away penalties, and you don't really need the power tackle on anyone but those you know are hard to put down (Utai, Minichiello, etc...). Just use the sprint button to charge up tackles and more often than not you'll keep the play in check, and never rush up out of the line, I play a passive defense, moving up and waiting for the attack to meet the line, then in second phase play running behind play following the ball in case a break through is made. While I'd prefer the AI to play smarter rather than harder on higher difficulty, on legend the speed difference doesn't bother me too much, nor does the tackle breaking, and I do find they offload and throw the ball around a lot more often on legend.

I do play most games with my patch on though, so that may affect a lot of things, but really, I don't see much value in this game on Xbox or PS2, the PS2 version is pretty bad, while the Xbox is only a little better because of graphics and frame rate. PC is where its at for this one, simply because of the editing that can be done to stats. I'd say stats for the next version will be a lot more accurate and in depth (well I hope they are) as well as balanced so we get a better game on that alone.

Eels Dude

Coach
DvdHntr said:
If this is PC then you need to tweek the stats. Increase your teams speed and defence and decrease there attack so it becomes a low scoring game.

Not meaning to sound stupid or anything but how do I do that, not the best with programming or anything like that but i'd like to know how change the stats.

Erhan

Juniors
Ive found that the trick when you make a break with Legend mode is to start running in diagonals. Ive made breaks with my winger and kept running down the sideline only to be tackled very quickly. Ive tried the same thing but started running diagonally and managed to run twice the distance as before. It also gives you much more options to pass because you have support options that usually arnt there when you just run straight. It really ends up being the difference between a comprehensive defeat or a narrow win.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I'll send it to you Gol. But beware only the first 17 of each team are actually finished. Except Parramatta. And I have been told I am bias. That is why I don't want to release it to everyone.

ak47

Juniors
Erhan said:
Ive found that the trick when you make a break with Legend mode is to start running in diagonals. Ive made breaks with my winger and kept running down the sideline only to be tackled very quickly. Ive tried the same thing but started running diagonally and managed to run twice the distance as before. It also gives you much more options to pass because you have support options that usually arnt there when you just run straight. It really ends up being the difference between a comprehensive defeat or a narrow win.

SPOT ON!!!
THAT WHAT I DO, AND SOME TRIES U NEVER THOUGHT OF SCORING IN GOD HAPPEN

Latest posts