What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A time filler for boredom on LWOS

Dog

Juniors
What chat programs do y'all use?

I used to use ICQ, then I was introduced to MSN Messenger. It became prominent in my chatting needs and I have thus discarded ICQ, which I now find bulky, useless and almost obsolete. I know Messenger comes with it's quirks but some of these can be fixed by a plus patch, which is compatible with most Messenger versions:
www.patchou.com/msgplus

What are your thoughts on MSN/Windows Messenger and ICQ. How do they compare? Who has which? ETC ETC ETC...

Cheers
Tim

G@v

Juniors
I used to use ICQ for some time, but it became a pain in the trossocks so I dropped it. I have MSN messenger and the AOL messenger bizz, but block all but family from that, you get some firkin weirdos asking the most bizzare questions.

I have MSN, I think thats better than anything out there. I used to have ICQ, but I only had it so I could come on without any little teenyboppers talking to me which is what happens when your brother gives your email address to anyone he likes.

Yeah anyway I think MSN is heaps better than ICQ because its more complete, ICQ seems rushed to me

imported_bronco

Juniors
I use both, I find i get bugged too much by teeny boppers on msn but its better for quick direct chat.
On the other hand i like icq because you leave a message and minimze the window and wait for the ut oh noise, its very helpful for when your dealing with people who have verbal diarea because they can't constantly message you.

Cheers
bronco

I use both MSN & ICQ & think both have their for & against points. The biggest for each have already been mentioned so I'll refrain from repeating. For those who are into the whole chat thing, a few mates of mine use a program called "trillian" which incorporates msn,icq,aol & a few others all in 1 program. Apparently you can use more than 1 client at a time & it's easy to pick up. I cant vouch for it as I dont use it personally but from all accounts its worthwhile if thats your thing. I think this is the link for it... http://www.trillian.cc/

Dog

Juniors
I've actually tried that but it leaves a glitch in your MSN. On your own contact list comes your name and it causes many predicaments. It may have been what wiped my last hard drive but I haven't downloaded it again
i like msn in its current format anyway

Cheers