What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A very important gameplay question!!

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Can you do the same trick over and over to score a try? Like in ARL 96 it was get the ball out to the winger and you score every time.

I remember Mario said that they had dealt with that but couldnt comment on how it was dealt with.

Basically,the question is,does the CPU learn from mistakes?

rugger fan

Juniors
Unlike some games that I've played this year "cough, cough" it is not easy to score a try using the same method.

I have found the game challenging & realistic considering the violent, mutant animations used for tackling etc...

The defensive line re-gathers quite well & it requires good vision, skill & setup to post points. The CPU reacts well & can be hard to squeeze.

Quite often the wingers are 1 on 1 which makes for some interesting moments. One attack you may get biffed out to touch or give your opponent the big "Dont argue" & run over him for a gain or points.

One thing I have noticed however is if you attck near the wing with say a centre or a good 2nd rower it's easy to draw the winger in to complete a2 man tackle & give a simple offload for the winger to score but this feels more realistic than cheap.

I gurantee you will not be dissapointed. Hence why there aren't many Kiwi's posting cause they are busy playing.

Anonymous

Juniors
Just passing out to the winger certainly isn't the go, the defences seem to be very quick to react. You need a bit of forward momentum to break the line which is great. It's usually easier to make ground with a succession of solid hit-ups, you tend to be able to make line-breaks this way on all difficulty levels, although obviously they are more rare higher up. So far I've found the way to go is a couple of solid hit ups + quick play the balls, and then try to go one or two wide of the ruck and perhaps look for an offload. Also, try to run angles and look for gaps with ball in hand, don't just expect the ball to do all the work.

beerboy

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
Just passing out to the winger certainly isn't the go, the defences seem to be very quick to react. You need a bit of forward momentum to break the line which is great. It's usually easier to make ground with a succession of solid hit-ups, you tend to be able to make line-breaks this way on all difficulty levels, although obviously they are more rare higher up. So far I've found the way to go is a couple of solid hit ups + quick play the balls, and then try to go one or two wide of the ruck and perhaps look for an offload. Also, try to run angles and look for gaps with ball in hand, don't just expect the ball to do all the work.

thats good cause thats how its in real life

Anonymous

Juniors
Having said that, you do get a lot of runaway tries. If you give a speedster (Wesser is the most devastating I've seen so far) any space, he can easily go around your defence and stroll away untouched for 80 metres, from nothing. But if you are careful on defence you should usually be able to stop this.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
That's great because it sounds heaps realistic, especially about the Wesser 80m dash to the line untouched.

Latest posts