What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Groom?

>zuzu< said:
AHahahha

What prospects?

Our only real prospect is off to the sharks for 200 k a year.

Better start picking someone cause by the looks of it we got him!

The fat lady isnt singing just yet.

Dogaholic

First Grade
>zuzu< said:
AHahahha

What prospects?

Our only real prospect is off to the sharks for 200 k a year.

Better start picking someone cause by the looks of it we got him!

Ben Barba is one I would like the Dogs hold onto.

ouwet

Bench
dikefalos said:
yeah & last week he had agreed to join the broncos. can you please explain this one becaue he has a contract with manly until 2009.

AND now his OFFICIALLY Signed with the Doggies.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/main.php?...rticle&id=1191

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs and promising utility player Aaron Groom from the Manly Sea Eagles have agreed to a two-year deal.

Groom, 20, was born in Fiji and has played with the Sea Eagles from Harold Matthews level through to Premier League. He is currently a member of their fulltime squad.

Commenting on the signing Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said, “Aaron was outstanding in a losing side when our Premier League team beat the Sea Eagles a few weeks ago.

“He has good pace and the ability to play a number of key positions including half back, five eighth and hooker which made him an attractive package to us.”

This year the Bulldogs have extended the contracts of Hazem El Masri, Daniel Holdsworth, Corey Hughes, Ben Roberts, Luke Thompson, Matt Utai, Sonny Bill Williams and Tim Winitana and signed Leon Bott, Charlie Leaeno, Conrad Ta’akimoeaka, Justin Tsoulos and Michael Sullivan.

t-ba

Post Whore
Well, that's pretty daft, and disappointing.

I have faith in the administration still. They've not done too much wrong of late. Maybe Groom wasn't interested waiting a couple of seasons behind Ballin, Lyon and Orford. But to lose Monaghan, Burns and Groome is worrying.

RainMan

Juniors
Disappointing but could you see him playing FG for Manly in the next 2 years? I couldn't, if the Doggies offered him big bucks, I can understand why he left. Good luck to him.

Dogaholic

First Grade
I don't think he would have been offered big bucks as I don't think the Dogs have Big bucks to throw around. I think it is more likely that he will be able to have an opportunity sooner rather than later.

The way I see it

Corey Hughes with Sullivan on the bench
Groom in PL and as backup learning
Most likely be Hughes last year.
Sullivan starting with Groom coming off the bench

OR

He could be a replacement for Shifty

dikefalos

Juniors
LebaneseForces said:
AND now his OFFICIALLY Signed with the Doggies.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/main.php?...rticle&id=1191

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs and promising utility player Aaron Groom from the Manly Sea Eagles have agreed to a two-year deal.

Groom, 20, was born in Fiji and has played with the Sea Eagles from Harold Matthews level through to Premier League. He is currently a member of their fulltime squad.

Commenting on the signing Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said, “Aaron was outstanding in a losing side when our Premier League team beat the Sea Eagles a few weeks ago.

“He has good pace and the ability to play a number of key positions including half back, five eighth and hooker which made him an attractive package to us.”

This year the Bulldogs have extended the contracts of Hazem El Masri, Daniel Holdsworth, Corey Hughes, Ben Roberts, Luke Thompson, Matt Utai, Sonny Bill Williams and Tim Winitana and signed Leon Bott, Charlie Leaeno, Conrad Ta’akimoeaka, Justin Tsoulos and Michael Sullivan.

thats very disapointing as my understanding was he had signed for a further 3 years at the end of 2006. manly must have released him to free up money under the cap to upgrade the contracts of existing players. this is the price you pay for success. the dogs must have given him big dollars as well as he was part of manlys fulltime squad.

Latest posts