What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About the new video

The Rooster

Juniors
I, along with the rest of you here have been anticipating this game for years! I have been here for some time now, as well as at the old rleague forum back in the days but I usualy just like to sit back and read rather than post but ive decided to give my opinions about the new vid from Locksley.
Its interesting how this guy gpgamer has come in here with all his negative thoughts about the game and most of us have told him to piss off or that hes lieing and hasnt played the game. But if you take a look at the new vid from Locksley, some of his comments are very true. Im not here to shit on the game in any way but im just being honest here.
* The AI does seem very stupid at times. A couple of times a Broncos player was in clear space but passed to a player which was in a worse position than him.
* The computers passing is way too fast, just like the demo, but maybe not as bad.
* The wingers did seem to get it at first reciever way too much for my liking. I thought they told us that the playmakers usualy are the first recievers, espicialy on 5th tackle.
* It doesnt look like hitups are gonna be effective at all, which is something I was really looking forward to.
* Their hands look like blocks to me.
* I would give the commentry 6/10. It seems as though the play is one step ahead of Vossy. Like they score a try and he says "Hes in space!" And as for his "Number 2, Number 2, Number 2, Number 2" comments??? Huh? And alot of key moments in the game werent mentioned like kicks out on the full etc.
* Gameplay is a little too fast for my liking. And when they run back for restarts etc, they look like they could run the hundred metres in 3 seconds!!!
* The try celebrations are very similar to the demo and look pretty ridiculous. I remember someone saying that they had been vastly improved!?

But look, I did have alot of positives aswell. Im just pointing out bad points I saw, which did make gpgamers comments quite true. Hopefully I find when I actualy do play the game that the fun of it will make all these things not matter. And I do know that this is not a vid from the final version so maybe they have changed some things.

Monkey

Juniors
Cheers mate for all of your, erm ONE POST on this forum, pointing out the bad points.

GPGAMER returns.

bloody hell ea sports must be brickin it :lol:

umosay

Juniors
why doesn't anyone like the commentary, it sounds like a real game ffs!!!
just because of one glitch when he says "Number 2" a few too many times some guys get all bitchy

Front-Rower

First Grade
One thing I hope they fixed for the game, just from what I heard on the video was the siren that is unique to Ericsson Stadium being heard at Lang Park! :? I hope they keep it at only at Ericsson and not have it at every stadium, well especially for the kick offs anyway, at that makes it a tad more realistic.

Other than that it looks good. Very Good :)

Changa

Juniors
I thought the game looked very good, the only thhing id change is how the players catch the ball flat footed. Maybe if they could run onto the ball when the dummy half or first receiver cause they seemed stationary too often.Other than that I see no problems with the game...

Jono Russell

Bench
i think luike most sports games the ai depends on the difficult leval, if its on easy then ovcourse they will be a bit dumb and do stupid things that why it is easy because they allways stuff things up. but im shore on harder levels they will be more smarter and do thing properly so they can score tries and make tackles ect ect

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
THERE IS A GOD!!!!!! IT WAS SIDHE INTERACTIVE ALL ALONG:):):)

i just finished downloading the movie (all 80mb of it) in about 12 hours and now cannot wait for the game 2 be released vossy sounds absolutley awsome and the graphics are sweet the in game sound are amazing and suncorp looks just the same as it does in real life the gameplay looks absolutley amazing and those dummies fooled me!!! i could keep writing all day but i have 2 go watch it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw THE GAMES SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
only 1 concern for me, and that was it only showed Wigan's line-up. Im not sure if he skipped the broncoes one or it just didnt show it.

other than thats its all positives from me

Vossy's done an excellent job commentating

Suncorp looks like Suncorp . lol

The gameplay and graphics look sweet as and yeah everythings good.

TripleM

Juniors
I think the lineup screen would have just been skipped manually or something, like some of the replays were. We've seen them list both in other videos.

Timmo

Juniors
I don't understand why you don't see the players run out onto the field. That sucks. In the demo, you got to see the players run out and position themselves and absorb some atmosphere and take in the stadium views before you play the game. I liked that and I don't understand why they got rid of it.

bunnies_boy

Juniors
i think the game looks like the big thing in the world.. i like the way they step and run and the kicking system looks great.. what about the 40/20 :)

vossy is a great choice n so is steve clarke.. cant wait till the game comes out..

ps. is my writing better :lol:

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Yeah, i'd like to see them in the changing rooms, then leaving the changing rooms then like walking near the entrance of the field then running out and getting in position, that would be cool

Im not complaining im only suggesting an idea for a new NRL game (if there will be one).

Forum Idiot

Bench
Monkey said:
Cheers mate for all of your, erm ONE POST on this forum, pointing out the bad points.

GPGAMER returns.

bloody hell ea sports must be brickin it :lol:
WHATEVER!!!
everything he said i agreed with 110%! its all true! forwards are going to have absolutely no affect on the game. the cpu or locksley only made like 2 or 3 hitups with a prop and when they did he got tackle behind the advantage line. the commentary is woeful at times but brilliant at others.
i dont give a crap about the players hands. i wont be looking at them while im playing. the a.i is pretty sad at times. the passing is really ugly! it makes me cringe. at one point in the vid a player was half way through his animation but the ball was already gone. the ball floats ridiculously and it does curve forward just like gpgamer said!
i reckon he did play the game. try celebrations could be better. maybe the rest of the team could celebrate too like in rugby 2004. post game is....absolutely nothing! you win and you get to see the score....yipee :roll: :roll:
this will be very upsetting when you play the grand final. pre game is shit too.

All that said it looks like sidhe have a great building block for the future and im excited about next year! lets not forget that this is their first go at it.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Yes, Forum Idiot is right about the last comment he made. This is the first NRL game produced and i think we all have high expectations, but if we do then we'll get disappointed when the games not perfect.