What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About the new video

Goleel

Juniors
The more stadiums, the better, I'm not gonna complain about it being there, even if it was an awful ground to watch footy at.

gil10

Juniors
Vodka,

In the video the No 2. seems to be at dummy-half nearly all the time (DeVere & Dallas), and not on the wing.

Is this fixed in the final version?

KeckDiddy

Juniors
I cannot believe all the people that were bagging this game mainly the video from my view I thought the video was outstanding!!!! if everyone out there wants everything to be absolutley "LIFE-LIKE" and that their is no faults and the AI is perfect then they should really not buy this game and buy NRL 2012 when all the faults have been corrected. Everyone needs to realise that everygame has its faults and surely if these people can only find a list of 10 minor errors then clearly this game will be oustanding!!!!

Can't wait till mid-late November!!!

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Shaun said:
Yeah, i'd like to see them in the changing rooms, then leaving the changing rooms then like walking near the entrance of the field then running out and getting in position, that would be cool

Im not complaining im only suggesting an idea for a new NRL game (if there will be one).

Yeah and then after the game id like to see em go back to the change rooms, have a talk from the coach, have a shower, get changed and head to the pub to get blind

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
Parra_Eels said:
also why is ANZ in the game? unless its because the broncs played a few games there this year

When you play an NRL season, the Broncos home ground changes from ANZ to Suncorp the same time it did in real life.

Kage

Juniors
Video was great, the game looks fast, frantic and fun!

One thing I did notice was there were no tackles where the defender fell backwards with the tackled player, all the tackles either had the attacker on his back or standing firm.

Also how come some kicks didnt use the matrix slow down and some did?
Is it totally manual whether or not it is used?

Erhan

Juniors
You don't get to see the computer kicking in matrix view, correct me if i'm wrong - Vodka, Locksley ?

As for the people complaining about some scenes such as post-try or walking out into the ground being short, I'm assuming that this is because Locksley pressed ESC which skips the animations. I think it's good as a novelty at first but after a while you'll just want to get on with the game.

TripleM

Juniors
By the way, did anyone else notice the shot of the menu after the game that was in the video for a split second? Nothing particularly interesting there, but still..

mikdalton

Juniors
Will there be a 2nd game?

I tell you what you don't get a league game out for 7 years and then you get all this when you do. The first time I saw any screenshots for this game I was excited. I haven't seen the final video yet but what I have seen has been exceptional for a first attempt and something that is well worth looking forward to. When have we had a game with real kits and different stadiums? Proper running commentary and competitions? Never.

Some people really need to lighten up. Who cares really if they run out on the field or they don't? If I was Mario unless this game sells really well I'd have 2nd thoughts about a new one with the hassle he gets on the forums. Some people are just so ungrateful it makes me really angry.

Also who is this complete idiot who comes on and posts once about rubbish and who obvioulsy hasn't played the game? He needs to get a life, he's obviously from EA or someone who doesn't like Sidhe or Mario.

mikdalton

Juniors
Its finished downloading and I've watched it and.........

Thank you to whoever brought the video out. The little bits of video don't do it 100% although obviously look good. I thought it was exceptional, even down to the lack of cheering when Wigan scored. The matrix kicking is near perfect and the graphics look superb. I loved the way some passes don't go to hand. It certainly looks like a game I'll be playing a LOT. I've been excited about games before but never this. After reading this forum I expected to be underwhelmed when I watched the video, but I just wanted to watch another game after it. The only small glitches for me were the number of standing tackles which doesn't affect gameplay and the commentary was a 6/10, a bit out of time but hopefully its better, even if its not who cares!

A couple of questions as well.

I thought the atmosphere was created superbly for suncorp but how does it sound in a stadium like Belle view? Is there different sound settings?

Is it playable in different camera angles, although the behind one does seem to suit it very well.

When say Huddersfield play at the McAlpine will it be like 90% empty or are there only a few different settings.

matty w

Juniors
I just watched the movie - and i must admit, i am quite impressed. I thought it was going to be worse due to what u were saying there, and despite those issues being worrying, i think we will hav a good first game to use as a base. I just have one question, does Michael De Vere usually wear headgear? I didnt think he did but he is in the movie.