What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ACT - Touristy Info

reptar

Juniors
Being an ex-Canberra boy now living in Sydney, I can tell you one thing.

Lot 33. I miss it. :cry:

Although not enough to move back!

Copa

Bench
Canberra aint got the action of Sydney. You'll have to readjust your expectations.

What Canberra does have though is empty roads compared to Sydney.. you can drive from anywhere to anywhere else in Canberra with no hassles and can often park in front of where you are going. traficc is much better than in Sydney.

The air is clean, the sky beautiful, parklands everywhere.

National parks are not far away, you can go for a day trip to the ski fields in winter. There is a lot of outdoorsy stuff you can do. Cycle ways are fairly safe and common compared to Sydney... riding into Civic on a Saturday morning and ordering a big fried breakfast at a cafe is always fun.

There is a lot to do in Canberra... it just requires a bit more searching to find it than in Sydney.

Copa

Bench
I forgot to add... For a slightly different experience...

one of the things you can do here and not in Sydney is attend a rodeo. The towns around Canberra occasionaly host them. The Bungendore rodeo was on recently and Cooma also has one (great burger joint on the main street also).

Open Bull Riding is the most dangerous sport i've ever seen. Absolute lunacy.

It may not be everyones cup of tea... but worth doing atleast once.

Latest posts