What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Action against Clarke

MightyRedVee

Juniors
well this is how parras website describes the right decision

Video Referee Steve Clark came to the Eels rescue, ruling no try after Matt Cooper was judged to have stripped the ball.

Fathead

Bench
Mate we always seem to be on the wrong end of crap decisions by refs - just the way it goes.
The dragons had more than enough chances to put the eels away but didnt. Cant blame the ref for the loss.
If Gaz had a few more balls in open space - you would have won.

Despite soward having a great running game today, his poor decisions after making the line breaks were unforgiveable. passing to Webb was a terrible decision (Gaz unmarked on the inside and he goes to the narrow outside runner???!).. and later, not passing to Cooper or Nightingale when he made the break late in the 2nd half and ended up bundled into touch was also a bad choice...

Woolford is way too slow and predicable now. Even off the bench, he is starting to offer nothing. We've got Webb in the team - why didnt he go to dummy half when Dean needed a rest?

Gaz and Cooper were both excellent in a losing side. Morris had a great game with his hands. I thought Setu and Reynoldson ran with anger all game, and Creagh had a strong game in defence. Shame that a few bad decisions put us out of the hunt...

Dragonwest

Juniors
I loved hampstead's 6 again when the ball is kicked into creagh's back. Wasn’t even running at the kicker, didn’t jump, no play it with his arms or legs just simply copes it sweet in the middle of the back and that constitutes played at? How can a ref can something so simple so wrong?

Cooper strip call. I hate 'interpretation' in our game it allows the refs to f up regularly. From how the rule is suppose to be interpreted there has to be intent to strip otherwise it’s called a 'loose carry'. The fact that coopers are was anywhere near the ball or helped to cause the ball to be lost is simply irrelevant as he had no intention to strip; he was only securing the tackle.

thommo4pm

Coach
Mate we always seem to be on the wrong end of crap decisions by refs - just the way it goes.
The dragons had more than enough chances to put the eels away but didnt. Cant blame the ref for the loss.
If Gaz had a few more balls in open space - you would have won.

We can blame the video ref, because if the correct decision was made we would have been at 6-6 instead of being down 12-0 and then basically needing to play catch up footy.

Yes we had our chances in the second half, but I'm sick of the ref's getting away with disgraceful decisions when the fans say oh but our side still had their chances.

The officials need to be held accountable.
How the hell was that a penalty on Cooper?
He was effecting a tackle, was never playing at the ball, and Grothe lost control of it...simple as that, 6 points to us.
Cooper's head was behind Grothe's back, he couldn't even see the damn ball.
There is no way in the world that was a strip and the ruling was down right disgusting. :x

Syren

Juniors
Video refs should never look at stripping, it should be the touchies and the ref himself making the call, not him.

rabbit4ever

Juniors
It may not be that the Ref was the reason for the Dragons loss but that stripping call was tough and the Eels scored straight after making it a 12 point turnaround in reality.

The Dragons then became their own worst enemy playing catch up football by pushing stupid passes early in the tackle count and some dumb decisions when certain tries were on offer.

A lot of the panic play reminded me of my Bunnies this year, you don't have to score on every tackle, grind it out, look for repeat possession if nothing else is on offer or make sure your kick is placed to put pressure on your opposition.

I was cheering you guys all the way but gee you play such a frustrating game so similar to the Rabbits, i hope i did not put the mock on you.

thommo4pm

Coach
Video refs should never look at stripping, it should be the touchies and the ref himself making the call, not him.

The sad thing is Hampstead was about to award the try until someone got in his ear.
Everyone at the ground, including Parra fans thought it was a try.
They actually laughed when it came up No try from the Video Ref...I can't type his name ever again(the video ref) as the guy is scum.

Dragon

Coach
A lot of the panic play reminded me of my Bunnies this year, you don't have to score on every tackle, grind it out, look for repeat possession if nothing else is on offer or make sure your kick is placed to put pressure on your opposition.

Spot on. The game against the tits was full of repeat sets, but now that seems to have gone out the window. Seriously how hard is it to put a kick into the in-goal, and get a repeat set? Dead set, i mean its one of the main roles of a half ffs.

Only answer i can think of is that Brown doesn't get them to practice it enough, or they're just too lazy to do some extra work on their own.

Gaba

First Grade
The sad thing is Hampstead was about to award the try until someone got in his ear.
Everyone at the ground, including Parra fans thought it was a try.
They actually laughed when it came up No try from the Video Ref...I can't type his name ever again(the video ref) as the guy is scum.

That's what causing the anger about Clarke, I know people who hate the dragons admit they laugh as soon as Clarke is one of the officals in the dragons games, they know what Clarke is like against the dragons

Gaba

First Grade
We can blame the video ref, because if the correct decision was made we would have been at 6-6 instead of being down 12-0 and then basically needing to play catch up footy.

Yes we had our chances in the second half, but I'm sick of the ref's getting away with disgraceful decisions when the fans say oh but our side still had their chances.

The officials need to be held accountable.
How the hell was that a penalty on Cooper?
He was effecting a tackle, was never playing at the ball, and Grothe lost control of it...simple as that, 6 points to us.
Cooper's head was behind Grothe's back, he couldn't even see the damn ball.
There is no way in the world that was a strip and the ruling was down right disgusting. :x
Spot on , yes i agree by saying the dragons had chances are irrelevant

That decision changed the game no matter how people try to blame the chances the dragons blew
The dragons could have been level or even ahead at half time, and the whole game would have been played differently, not the catch up they were playing

stg666

Juniors
anyone who saw that and called it a strip should be hung,drawn and quartered and told to line up for a new set of eyes.

Gaba

First Grade
thats right, and yet Clarke allowed an obstruction try to parramatta, i bet if the dragons done that we know what the decision would have been

Syren

Juniors
thats right, and yet Clarke allowed an obstruction try to parramatta, i bet if the dragons done that we know what the decision would have been

Aye.. its not the first time we end up at the receiving end of terrible decisions. Stripping should never ever go up to the video ref, simple.

Ribs

Bench
Perfect example as to why I'm not enjoying league this year. Its just frustration from one f*cked decision after another.

Cooper didn't play at the ball at all..... and remember that drop called on Scott against the Cowboys when O'Donnell stripped it? You look at the two and laugh.....

They want people to keep forking out 50 bucks to see a f*cking game, they had better start dishing up some decent refs.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Perfect example as to why I'm not enjoying league this year. Its just frustration from one f*cked decision after another.

Cooper didn't play at the ball at all..... and remember that drop called on Scott against the Cowboys when O'Donnell stripped it? You look at the two and laugh.....

They want people to keep forking out 50 bucks to see a f*cking game, they had better start dishing up some decent refs.

Whats the Correct ruling though? Is Coopers a try or is that a try.. Freaking merkins need to be consistent..

I thought coopers was a try Grothe look like he is always going to drop the ball when he runs it...

It turned the game but you play by the rules

Ribs

Bench
The O'Donnell strip wasn't a try ruling, just in general play. He ripped the ball out and the video ref ruled that Scott just dropped it. Then you look at that and say that was a strip??

Did you hear Hampstead say 'that was a tough call Clarky" when Burt lined up the kick after they scored?

Y2Eel

First Grade
The O'Donnell strip wasn't a try ruling, just in general play. He ripped the ball out and the video ref ruled that Scott just dropped it. Then you look at that and say that was a strip??

Did you hear Hampstead say 'that was a tough call Clarky" when Burt lined up the kick after they scored?

They are way to inconsistent... Its either one way or another its not that hard...

Nah didnt hear it Clarke shouldnt be up in the box anymore...

Can someone tell me why every "try" we score goes upstairs to be scrutinised down to the nth degree? That try would have been given outright if scored by Parra or any other side except maybe Souths. They always seem to referee the teams down the ladder more harshly. And yes there is definitely a bias against the Dragons. Look at the Nine commentators: Ray Warren - Parra supporter, Sterling - Parra supporter, Gould - thinks we're the most undisciplined side in the NRL. I'm sure they enjoyed see us cop all the bad calls. And Clark as video ref? f**k!! Say no more...How can we ever get an even break with a piece of puke like him still influencing our games?

Maybe when Bennett arrives our luck will magically change for the better. The great man may create more of a fear factor for the spineless referees and brown-nosed media. Sad I know but seemingly true...