What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ACTUAL TEAM vs. TITANS

bluefox68

Staff member
1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Ramien
4. Talakai
5. Mulitalo
6. Moylan
7. Hynes
8. Rudolf
9. Brailey
10. Hunt
11. Nikora
12. Graham
13. McInnes

14. Tolman
15. Trindall
16. Wilton
17. Fifita

18. Tracey
19. Miller
20. Finucane
21. Colquhoun
22. Dykes

Stake Removed

First Grade
The 18-22 there is some quality there.
Titans is the type of team to give either Miller or Dykes a crack, they leak points all over the place and those 2 know how to attack

shaggs

Coach
You know what else is a good idea. Putting the strongest team you can on the field and putting the wringer through them.

Since we are past the half way point of the year, more time for combinations is required. More time actually showing they have a plan b.

Stake Removed

First Grade
You know what else is a good idea. Putting the strongest team you can on the field and putting the wringer through them.

Since we are past the half way point of the year, more time for combinations is required. More time actually showing they have a plan b.
The strongest team would have Wilton starting he offers more then Graham

coolumsharkie

Referee
So Tridall is doing 15 minutes of tackling at the end of the game, that is what he is there to do. Learn how to tackle in that time frame with fresh legs. He does not bring anything else and thats probably because he has a set task and I can start to see benefits. Tactics wise, could be good for the last part of the game to have although it's been used before, especially with 9's etc.

Perhaps this is part of the Fitz development process as well.

He's not a halfback, he's not a hooker, he's a ball playing 2nd row/lock.

R-15-3

Juniors
Surprised to see Finucane in the squad considering we have the bye next week.
Even at 100% fit I’d be looking at resting him that extra 14 days.
Sick of seeing us bring players back to early the past few years. Doubt Fitz would do that but still.

So Tridall is doing 15 minutes of tackling at the end of the game, that is what he is there to do. Learn how to tackle in that time frame with fresh legs. He does not bring anything else and thats probably because he has a set task and I can start to see benefits. Tactics wise, could be good for the last part of the game to have although it's been used before, especially with 9's etc.

Perhaps this is part of the Fitz development process as well.

He's not a halfback, he's not a hooker, he's a ball playing 2nd row/lock.
Thats a take on trindall Im hadnt considered. Maybe thats what Fitz sees too. Sort of like a really versatile player, just not the one running theb show at half.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Our starting backrowers have a combined 0 line breaks this year.
I have said Nikora dosent hit the line hard enough, of all teams the warriors you would have thought he could have busted through.
We have Wilton on bench with 5.

SharkShocked

Bench
I don’t think Nikora hits the line soft. Quite often we play incredibly flat to him and he take some pretty heavy contact.

We definitely haven’t utilised him as a hole runner like we used to. Someone else pointed out quite often this is due to setting up the sweep plays.

chewsta

First Grade
Nikora not hitting the line hard enough? f**k me do you even watch him? Everything he does he tries to hurt merkins. He absolutely Belts blokes in defence and in attack his line running is creating so much space for Ramien and Katoa its not funny.

SJ would crab across field so much that Nikora was almost a winger in attack. Now he gets the ball in the lane he is supposed to be in and is gang tackled by 3 blokes, bit hard to break the line like that. But it keeps the defence guessing so next time or the time after that Hynes cuts out Nikora and hits Ramien in the open space that Nikora has created by staying in his lane and sucking in defenders, because of that Ramien is playing so well with the extra room he is being considered for origin.
f**k you talk some shit. All you want to do is make changes just for the sake of it. Nikora is doing his job and doing it well!
And you know why Teig is making line breaks? Because he is right next to Talakai who is doing exactly what Nikora does, on the other side of the field.