What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Blair

BDH

Juniors
The OP is an idiot.

Blair is pure passion. I'd have 3 of him in my team's backrow in a heartbeat.

ATM, he is playing with even more heart then ever, which may come across (on tv where you sit with your beer and fat gut) as niggle, but he has nothing to lose, why not take it to his opponents?

Great player, and when the Storm fiasco came out, he was the second I hoped Broncos would nab after Cronk!

Nugby

Juniors
Out and out grub but by no means Gallen-esque. Plenty of cheap shots but I haven't seen him rake the face of an opposing player, grab the testicles or knee someone in the head like a Sharks player would.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Watching last nights game I was wondering how such a grub and an idiot that starts fights could possibly be NZ vice captain.

sting

Bench
yeah he's a piece of sh*t and a coward. always goes for the little guys. he singled out campese in a big scuffle last night and then last year when there was a big punch on he went straight after soward.

yeah real big man pffft

MsStorm

Bench
yeah he's a piece of sh*t and a coward. always goes for the little guys. he singled out campese in a big scuffle last night and then last year when there was a big punch on he went straight after soward.

yeah real big man pffft

:lol::lol: especially @ the coward bit and goes for the little guys.

natheel

Coach
im pretty sure everyone in this thread has a agreed he may be a grub but if u put him in ur team he would be a welcome addition....i enjoy watching him play but hate it when he is against eels

Meth

Staff member
I am really, really hopeful that he ends up at the Warriors. As it is, he is one of the best backrowers in the world at the moment and is still only very young

Noa

First Grade
My only concern with Adam is that being a niggler (emphasis on the L) is what he is being defined as, he so much more to offer then that. Personally wouldnt mind seeing him at lock allowing him to roam and use his ball-skills alot more.

D

Deleted member 10972

I actually think his form is a bit down this year, especially compared to his strong form last year.

This year, averaging 9 runs for 59.5 metres average, only 1 line break this year too. Someone of his quality and playing style should at least be up around 75-85 metres a game.

One of the best forwards in the game IMO. Wassup with the dodgy eyed look he had on his face the other night though

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
He is a good player but he has a lot more work rate in him than he shows. In the Kiwi jumper he knocks it up about 10 notches and looks like a top backrower with ball playing ability. For the storm he is a standard ball playing back rower who is an absolute prick.

Zigwaa

Bench
He's a dead-set grub. Everyone can see the grubby things he does during a game, but the commentators ignore what he does or say that deosn't look intentional.

Take what he did to Ben Cross. Jammed his elbow into his head and then into the ground and the commentators said it wasn't intentional? He looked down at him when he did it.

I can't stand to watch him play coz he doesn't play the game the way it is meant to be played. He's always looking for the cheap, dirty shot.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The point is, 90% of the stuff he does is not tough or intimidating, it's cheap and grubby. He's more likely to grab your nuts then put a big hit on.

Good player but definitely crosses the line from "enforcer" to "cheap-shot merchant". I don't think anyone is saying they don't enjoy the rough stuff, just that they enjoy genuine confrontation and not cheap shots.