What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Dykes

One of the daily rags over here is linking him with Warrington. If he did sign, would he be a good or bad signing, what exactly would we be getting.

cheers

McLovin

Staff member
He's a great player imo. One of the better 5/8ths in the comp. He's a creator in attack and would fit into a free flowing attacking team well. His defence is a bit suspect at times (he's not that big) though.

Wish you where getting Nobby instead of this bloke if it's true...

ali

Bench
Go Nulla said:
A disjointed loose cannon who can have a blinder or a shocker all in the one game.

To translate that into wirish, Lee Briers without the field goals.

beekershark

Bench
Dykes will get eaten alive by the UK fans.

You guys will be expecting way too much from him in the halves and will turn on him after one or two games.

The Popper

Bench
Dykes has brilliant individual skills, but his ability to be part of a team is doubtful. Often he does things but it can appear that the rest of the team don't know what he's doing. We have had games where he can score brilliant tries but can then give away some to the opposition with a silly error or a wrong option. He can be suspect in defence. He is the type of player who can have you on your feet cheering, or with your head in your hands groaning.

Macca

Coach
Warrington are desperate for a halve.

Noddy is high on their list. So is Joey.

beekershark

Bench
Joey will be at warrington, if the knights win the GF this year he'll sign for 2007 at warrington. If not he'll definately be there for 2008.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
beekershark said:
Joey will be at warrington, if the knights win the GF this year he'll sign for 2007 at warrington. If not he'll definately be there for 2008.

I tend to agree. I can't see him getting on with Smith. My crystal ball tells me Smith will not last the season.

ghoti

Bench
With the right coach and the right team around him he will absolutely destroy your competition. One of the most naturally gifted players in the competition, creative, unpredictable and clever. He's prone to errors purely because he takes more risks. Can be a defensive liability if your defensive structure isn't developed enough much like ours was this year. Stick a mobile second rower on his inside to clean up for him and he'll cause you little trouble.

I'd hate to see him leave, but would definitely be a good signing for you guys.

beekershark

Bench
ghoti said:
With the right coach and the right team around him he will absolutely destroy your competition. One of the most naturally gifted players in the competition, creative, unpredictable and clever. He's prone to errors purely because he takes more risks. Can be a defensive liability if your defensive structure isn't developed enough much like ours was this year. Stick a mobile second rower on his inside to clean up for him and he'll cause you little trouble.

I'd hate to see him leave, but would definitely be a good signing for you guys.

I disagree mate. I really don't want Dykesy to go to the UK, he is the exact type of import that will alienate the uk fans. He is past the right age for a player of his ability to go to the UK, maybe 10 years ago it would have been okay, but they expect much more from their halves than Dykesy can offer at this stage in his career, defensively, kicking , and try assist wise.

It's a conundrum, I hope he goes there and makes good bucks for his family before retirement, but I hope he doesnt go there becuase I fear the uk fans will turn on him.

Thanks for the replies, pretty much a mixed bag. think he will do a better job than what Sully as done in the half's, he has been pretty ordinary in that role. When Sully has played at hooker he has looked really impressive with his little darting runs and his ability to speed the play the ball up. The word over here is that he is heading back to the nrl, would have liked him to have stayed another year, hope he goes well today he is up against Richard Swain.

White Poiner

Coach
He is way better than sully.

Should be a great player over in england.. But has the posibility to screw up.. like lots of halves.

Latest posts