What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Mogg

raiders_boy

Juniors
Kris_man said:
when the oppositions hot, the Raiders are cold.
untrue. sometimes they're both hot, and that's when you get your great games. what is a crucial moment? when your team is losing by a small margin, there's not much time left, and you need points quick, as opposed to at the end of a game when you're either ahead or behind by heaps - that would be a good place to start. to deny that there are "crucial moments" is absurd.
the majority of Raiders supporters realise that he has indredible talent.
the "majority" argument always loses: the majority of Australians in the 19th century believed in a White Australia. does that put it into perspective? quite frankly, what the majority thinks has f**k-all difference on my beliefs/opinions.

but...i agree that Mogg is a top defensive centre.

I never denied that there are crucial moments, and this ties in with the "Opposiion hot, Raiders cold" comment. What I meant by that, is when crucial moments are upon us, Mogg is not the only player who can't come up with something... Pretty much every ame that is close and we lose would have a crucial moment, and no other Raiers ' player has been able to make the play! To say that Mogg is the only one who doesn't come up with a special play? Now that is laughable...

And the white australia thing? LOL... No that doesn't put it in perspective... Firstly because we're talking footy here, and secondly we're in the 21st century now, and white australia has nothing to do with Adam Mogg

raiders_boy

Juniors
Kris_man said:
Also, I don't see you having a dig at schif, so why bring this first point up? And how can you compare Ale, a guy who has been good in Flegg to Mogg, who is an established first grader? Ale hasn't even proven himself in PL!!! I just don't get that, because you clearly can't compare a Flegg player to a first grader, or Ale would be there already... Especially at his age!
:roll: :roll: do you even read what i write??? i said Ale has potential to be better than Mogg was in 2004. that's a very simple and specific statement, but somehow you've interpreted it as me saying that Ale is better than Mogg! :roll:

You're clearly misinterpreting me... We don't know how good Ale can be, because he has only played in Flegg... Do u think he can step up from Flegg to 1st grade? I certainly dont... Its a big enough step to PL!

I understand the whole "potential" thing but i just think we're being a bit pre-emptive here... Flegg!!!!!!!!!!

Kris_man

Bench
And the white australia thing? LOL... No that doesn't put it in perspective... Firstly because we're talking footy here, and secondly we're in the 21st century now, and white australia has nothing to do with Adam Mogg
you used the "majority" argument against me, and i used white australia as an example of how the majority can be wrong at times. that's how its relevant.

raiders_boy

Juniors
Kris_man said:
you used the "majority" argument against me, and i used white australia as an example of how the majority can be wrong at times. that's how its relevant.

:lol:

Just a bit out of the blue thats all...

Kris_man

Bench
but like i said in another thread - Mogg's gonna be there Round 1 nxt year whether i like it or not, i have no doubt about that. i don't really mind, he's not the sort of player who would lose a game for us, like a Brad Drew would.

raiders_boy

Juniors
Hallelujah!!!!!!

Kris has seen the light!!!!!!

I know its only a minor breakthrough, but you'll get there mate... :p

Mogg is tops!!!!

SOULS 04

Juniors
VOTE [1] MOGG
2005 YEAR OF THE MOGG

mogg is a great runner of the ball.... espcially when in some open space.... imagine we had a halves combination working and putting our centres into gaps... when that happens mogg will become one of the best centres in the comp.

greeneyed

First Grade
Ale will be a champion centre for us, just wait. Mogg is a solid first grade player, but is not a sensational one.

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
Ale was shown up on Sunday- is not first grade material yet, he was beaten on his outside countless times against the Sharks...Mogg and Frawley, we have many wingers, Graham, Smith, Gafa, Robbo, take your pick.

raiders_boy

Juniors
msjd said:
mogg is one of the most underated players in the NRL thats for sure

I have been saying that to people for over a year now!!!!!!!!

Chippo Raiders said:
Ale was shown up on Sunday- is not first grade material yet, he was beaten on his outside countless times against the Sharks...Mogg and Frawley, we have many wingers, Graham, Smith, Gafa, Robbo, take your pick.

Exactly right!!!!!!!!!!! And just remember, that was in Flegg!!!!!!!!!

All im saying is just don't get your hopes up about this guy... He has been playing in Flegg, when he has easily been old enough to play at least PL, and if he was that good, 1st grade!!! I know the age thing shouldnt be a factor, but its not like hes 17 and no where near ready for the top grade, he's well and truly old enough to be playing at least PL, but he wasn't...

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
raiders_boy said:
msjd said:
mogg is one of the most underated players in the NRL thats for sure

I have been saying that to people for over a year now!!!!!!!!

Chippo Raiders said:

Exactly right!!!!!!!!!!! And just remember, that was in Flegg!!!!!!!!!

All im saying is just don't get your hopes up about this guy... He has been playing in Flegg, when he has easily been old enough to play at least PL, and if he was that good, 1st grade!!! I know the age thing shouldnt be a factor, but its not like hes 17 and no where near ready for the top grade, he's well and truly old enough to be playing at least PL, but he wasn't...

Yeah but Mogg is proof that age shouldn't matter, he is a star of the future but not a star now, people get confused, I mean he needs to work on his fitness a little and his defense but boy can he score tries, lets just develop him instead of saying he will be good next year or never at all... and by the way that Jamie Soward could make anyone look good...

Latest posts