What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advertising all this betting over and over...............................

ClintDogg

Juniors
Dunno if its only new but I first noticed this last week at Leichhardt they were stating the odds at the ground over the PA...first time ive noticed it at games.
Really?.

This is insane.

-----------------------------------------

On another note, I bet the odds they are constantly throwing down our throats on the TV, are not even the same odds u get when u actually go and place a bet. So why bother then?. Let the dumb ass betters go down to the TAB or where ever them selves and get the odds. We are watching a "football" program, not a "betting" program of any sort.

I thought I would bump this thread, as Ricky Stuart eluded to the topic in light of the recent betting stories. He mentioned the amount of money the likes of Channel 9 are earning from this promotion. The last couple of home games I have been too, our announcer is putting up the odds on the game.

No wonder players might become involved in betting in NRL games.

ClintDogg

Juniors
I love it how they are at it again this year. Thank god 4 Pause-TV. Every time it comes on, or they do a promo 4 it, I fast forward right past it so I don't have to watch or listen to it, and get to the real thing, the footy!.

I am $1.80 to agree with this and say it is way over the top the amount of times the odds and even now on Fox the Fantasy points, however I am also $1.80 to say a sponsor is a sponsor and we should be inviting them in with open arms. Even bet really.

One day we will have brothel sponsoship and Rabs will say "This game is brought to you by Touch of Class in Surry Hills and remember don't be a fool and wrap your tool"

ClintDogg

Juniors
I thought i heard something on the radio about this hideous form of advertisement getting banned, that's being thrown down our throats when we are watching the footy?.

I dont give two fux about whos at what odds 2 score, or who scores the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 50th, or last try. 16+ start and all this other g-a-y shit wtf!. NIL ALL AT THE BEGINING OF A GAME, the person at the end with the most points WINs.

Anything else (eg betting, odds, 2 to 1 or what ever) WE DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT CAUSE WE ARE THERE 2 WATCH THE GAME OF FOOTBALL BEING PLAYED!.

Didgi

When Aardvark speaks, the NRL listens. Afterall, he's a premier DJ, rite?

HowHigh

Coach
I'm sure he has a little, the free meal at the bowling club in return for his djing services would save him a few bucks.

ratsack2

Juniors
So tonight we get the odds shown during the news
they just get around it one way or another

Stormerz

Juniors
I'm sure you don't like advertisements either, as they don't relate to the game, but without all the sponsoring and advertisements, this game wouldn't exist. Think about that if you're able to.

ClintDogg

Juniors
I'm sure he has a little, the free meal at the bowling club in return for his djing services would save him a few bucks.

LOL. I actually get PAID MONEY!. Its my JOB!.

So tonight we get the odds shown during the news
they just get around it one way or another

I'm sure you don't like advertisements either, as they don't relate to the game, but without all the sponsoring and advertisements, this game wouldn't exist. Think about that if you're able to.

Its being shoved down our throats.

Latest posts