What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL attempt to take gloss off origin - has it worked?

mark123

Juniors
Where are the RL champions in the media shouting about how good SOO was? Why do so called RL writers talk down the game? You don't see AFL or RU writers belittling their sport. Why do RL writers put so much negative spin on a sport they are supposed to love?

Guys, guys!! All of whats been said so far is fantastic, bang on.

Don't forget at the root of all this is everyone is p.o'ed about sydney league in general, the small crowds, and the financial inability of the clubs to catch up with the rest of the comp, who could afford without a cap to keep the stars, and already play in great stadia (or adequate capacity venues..dairy farmers)...and everyone is getting jip of sydney holding back the other teams...

so you have a view on what could be great rl pretty much (even if we still had problems/challenges, these things always will be) in the non-sydney lands, and in sydney you have this view of drabness and dragging its butt, and just a general malaise about it. It distorts everything!

do you see why people get bitter?

FIX SYDNEY NOW!!!

AND

CHARGE FORWARD!!!!!

That will be the punch line at the next nrl meeting, hopefully.

mark123

Juniors
A lot of media at the moment are disillusioned with the current rules which are making the game less interesting by the year.

about the game itself: yeah, you are totally right.

I struggle now to make it through a whole match on tv....when i goto the game, the atmosphere is just so good at the broncos, its no problem staying wide awake, but on tv, i switch to something else come the second half usually, or !SHOCK! !HORROR! I stop watching tv altogeth and do something else. :)

I do weights religiously usually, but never on friday nights, because its a live footy night, so i am not buggered for the footy (need plenty of sleep to release growth hormones after a massive weights session), but in the future i am considering leaving this principle by the way-side.

The rules are making the game less exciting...

we need something a little closer to the attacking flair in the English super league.

I am not sure just yet how on earth they will fix this up before they stuff it further.

Latest posts