What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL Crowds?

CyberKev006

Juniors
Meltiger

Optus is a crap hole, every year opposition supporters once seeing the next seasons draw, the first thing they do is look to see if they have to make the trek out to that crap ground at any stage of the year.

Long time no hear, Old Son, how's that big black and gold heart beating these days?

I actually have mixed feelings on this one... When Hawthorn was stationed at Optus (then Princes Park) I used to enjoy going there, particularly as it was easy to get to coming from Ballarat. On the downside, however, our record there is ever and always abysmal (against the loathesome Blues in particular) and I detest the very thought of contributing to Carlton's coffers in even the most minimal fashion! There's little doubt that the ground is too small and other sides (Richmond in particular) had every right to be aggrieved at HAVING to play games there just to assist Carlton in paying for their new stand (which the AFL, I might add, did not give them permission to build)!

That's Carlton though, loath 'em or hate 'em...
CyberKev

M

meltiger

Gav don't say you like the place until you have been there... It is a crap hole. The MCG has everything Victorian sport needs and the simple fact is that if Waverley was not a viable proposition for football anymore than Princess Park should have been struck off the list of AFL approved venues five years ago.

Kev,

The Black and Gold ehart is beating just fine after last nights third quarter
emsmiled.gif

When they are hot, they can beat anyone. Although it destroys me to say I want Carlton to win today so Richmond can have a chance of progressing through to the Semi's.

Joel Bowden was in some great form last night, this is going to be his biggest year yet... Mark my words, Joely Bowden will be All Australian this year.

With the like of Rory Hilton, Benny Holland, Duncan Kellaway, Royce Vardy (Although I believe he should have been sacked for stupidity) & Super Matty Rogers to come back we are top 4 again this year for sure.

Your Hawks, I was impressed last week in the first half, they looked real good although I do still worry they are lacking something.

Although this year it is the best chance for it to happen. What would the odds on a Richmond V Hawthorn GF be you reckon ?
emwink.gif

Just on Princess Park.

The thing that disgusts me the most is the cosy little deal Carlton had with the AFL in regards to games played at Colonial rather than Princess Park.

In this day and age of traditional teams struggling to make dough... When could you possibly imagine seeing a club president begging his fans to not attend one of their home games at Colonial like the Hawthorn president did at one stage, just so that they would not have to give Carlton money ?

What a sick joke.

Do you have any idea when Ian Collins' agreement...

Woops silly me, the AFL's agreement with Carlton over gaurenteed matches per year at Princess Park expires?

Latest posts