What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL Grand Final Tickets

lockyno1

Post Whore
The AFL GF is a "event" and is marketed it that way. Therefore many packages include tickets. Plus the AFL has 10 times the amount of corportate sponsors as any sport in Australia, they all get seats. Plus the MCC members as well. There is a 30,000 batch for the two supporters, that is more than reasonable. AFL fans know there are ways to guarantee yourself a seat- there is club packages that gives you this right, and there is always a MCC membership if you want to pay a bit on top of that figure. The $1500 was going towards charity. Most of the seats are around $150-250. The "true" fans so to speak would give themseleves a better chance by buying a better package, it is exactly what I did a few years back, the GF is always a good match and I'd rather guarantee myself a seat if Essendon make the GF!

djst

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
The AFL GF is a "event" and is marketed it that way. Therefore many packages include tickets. Plus the AFL has 10 times the amount of corportate sponsors as any sport in Australia, they all get seats. Plus the MCC members as well. There is a 30,000 batch for the two supporters, that is more than reasonable. AFL fans know there are ways to guarantee yourself a seat- there is club packages that gives you this right, and there is always a MCC membership if you want to pay a bit on top of that figure. The $1500 was going towards charity. Most of the seats are around $150-250. The "true" fans so to speak would give themseleves a better chance by buying a better package, it is exactly what I did a few years back, the GF is always a good match and I'd rather guarantee myself a seat if Essendon make the GF!

No doubt it is a cash cow,and as they say Prior Planning Prevents a Piss Poor Performance.;-)

the ticketing for the AFL GF is a disgrace, that's why last weeks PF Coll vs Geel was built up as the people's GF

at least 40% of the crowd there tomorrow will be corporates/neutral supporters who only go along to one or two games a year and the real supporters get shafted

lockyno1

Post Whore
Collingwood Storm said:
the ticketing for the AFL GF is a disgrace, that's why last weeks PF Coll vs Geel was built up as the people's GF

at least 40% of the crowd there tomorrow will be corporates/neutral supporters who only go along to one or two games a year and the real supporters get shafted

Most of the cash availiable in the game comes from corporates, now whilst this may not be IDEAL, there are measures any regular fan can take to ensure he/she gets a seat at the GF!

lockyno1 said:
Most of the cash availiable in the game comes from corporates, now whilst this may not be IDEAL, there are measures any regular fan can take to ensure he/she gets a seat at the GF!

yeah...by paying $2k for a ticket to the AFL 'Centre Square'

Steyger

Juniors
I paid $150.00 in 1990 (scalp) outside the ground. The highest i saw was $450.00. Best one-fiddy i ever spent.