What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

African American Players

Maori-Boy

Juniors
African American players dominate the running positions in the NFL. There are loads of polynesian and white guys playing but not in running positions as they are deemed to slow. How do you reckon these guys would go in league.

McLovin

Staff member
* pictures Randy Moss or Terrell Owens flying up the sidelines breezing past speedsters like Bowen, Stewart, etc...

girvie

Staff member
There is a growing population of African people living in Australia. Hopefully some of their children will play League and perhaps in 10 or 15 years we will start to see some more players of African heritage playing top level rugby league.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
very well

it s all about the fast twitch muscles, hence they have speed

how many white dudes do we see in the Olympic sprints

its also why they can't swim to well, as they sit lower in the water due to their high muscle density

bottom line is, they can make millions in the NFL so why would they want to play RL ?

Y2Eel

First Grade
Good luck getting picked in the Country Origin Teams :lol:

On the Topic The NFL Speedster would probably go ok but they wouldnt have the skill of a Merrit ect..

m0j0

Bench
Would they be known as African American Australians or just African Australians?

greenos

Juniors
Twizzle said:
very well

it s all about the fast twitch muscles, hence they have speed

how many white dudes do we see in the Olympic sprints

its also why they can't swim to well, as they sit lower in the water due to their high muscle density

bottom line is, they can make millions in the NFL so why would they want to play RL ?
What about the Kenyans and their marathons?

Titanic

First Grade
MC84 said:
lol at the idea of a whole team of Kenyan 80 minute players...

Excellent thread. We could have a Cuban roster as well - they can swim (at least as far as Florida) - Carribean too and when they feel energetic they can swim too, mon. The ideas are endless: the CastroFans and the RastaFans.

There is a danger though, they could/would be called many things but political correctness restricts many of those terms to the "hill" creating a bit of an "African American in the woodpile" for the administration.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
All the African people that live in Newcastle play either soccer or basketball.

There is no chance of them playing a game they know nothing of.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
terrible if they get smashed they wont play the game, they need all that padding in grdiron and think they are tough.
some sides tried years ago and they never made it

innsaneink

Referee
girvie said:
There is a growing population of African people living in Australia. Hopefully some of their children will play League and perhaps in 10 or 15 years we will start to see some more players of African heritage playing top level rugby league.

Couple of kids in my sons club of an afro american dad//aussie mum, and they both carve up, have all the skills.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Raiding Dazz said:
terrible if they get smashed they wont play the game, they need all that padding in grdiron and think they are tough.

Not true. This is a standard gereralisation that someone always has too sprout whenever the topic gets to gridiron.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
I cant remember the guy that played for Canberra but he got smashed couldnt tackle and was suppose to be a great Grdiron player.
So I'm going off one player, though it id a tougher game and the only way they will become great if they play here in Australia or England/NZ.
the defence is not as well drilled in Gridiron to League and to have any come over here and play they will learn that, plus they get too much cash to come here.
for the Generation here in Australia i wish them well but honestly see the Islanders and Aboriginals get better talent as they are natural to the game from birth(most are anyway).

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Raiding Dazz said:
I cant remember the guy that played for Canberra but he got smashed couldnt tackle and was suppose to be a great Grdiron player.
So I'm going off one player, though it id a tougher game and the only way they will become great if they play here in Australia or England/NZ.
the defence is not as well drilled in Gridiron to League and to have any come over here and play they will learn that, plus they get too much cash to come here.
for the Generation here in Australia i wish them well but honestly see the Islanders and Aboriginals get better talent as they are natural to the game from birth(most are anyway).

More stereotyping.

I'm pretty sure a powerfull African american would be well recieved in any league team

Latest posts