What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ahhh feck, the broncos smell suspiciously like post origin hang over :(

Pigskin

Juniors
gotta laugh, we have a crap day and lose by 1 .... even the Manly supporters are bagging their team in saying this :lol:

we have a bad season and finish 4th .... 4th represents a rebuilding year for us

we have a bad day and lose by 1 .... Manly have a bad day and lose by 50

we'll be there or therabouts come the business end, you all know it and you all fear it

Oink !

btw ... why is Ricky Stuart not copping some press atm ? surely with his "galaxy of stars" something must be wrong ... players sick of Ricky's endless pursuit of perfection ? some players not happy with his coaching methods ? will Ricky be in the press next week offering the door to anybody not happy ? Good work chooks, you might get a spoon yet for your "bad season"

wittyfan

Referee
brissyleaguedude said:
Not much to say, except, with a loss to the dogs, a very close win over the raiders and a lost to the eagles, it would appear the origin hangover has decided to rear its ugly head. How does this keep happening? Bennet apparantly gave all his origin players heaps of time off over the period, i just cant understand it. I dont want ANOTHER year of f**king lacklustre finals performances. WB, fix it please.

Yep, they looked anything like premiership front-runners today.

It's three weeks in a row now of poor performances.

Garts

Bench
Charlie Saab u suck, I put my house on the broncos as you said THEY WOULD WIN.

SHD

Juniors
HMS Cheesemaker said:
Whilst Eels - Bulldogs will be interesting, personally I'm looking forward to Sunday and Broncos - Dragons more!

;-)

Damnit i have to wait until Sunday? Oh well. At least i get to go out on friday now.

To be honest, what I've seen from the Broncos is the type of attitude they had the other year when they knew they were going to finish 3rd, regardless of results. The side seemed to switch off because they appeared to think there was nothing to gain.

I'm not so sure if this is the case right now, that they're in a comfort zone and are just cruising because they are clear at the top. They have been on top but not finished things off adequately.

The game against the Dragons will be a cracker.

As for the Dogs - their time is running out

Wests are the darkhorses; they could be a headache

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Pigskin said:
gotta laugh, we have a crap day and lose by 1 .... even the Manly supporters are bagging their team in saying this :lol:

we have a bad season and finish 4th .... 4th represents a rebuilding year for us

we have a bad day and lose by 1 .... Manly have a bad day and lose by 50

we'll be there or therabouts come the business end, you all know it and you all fear it

Oink !

btw ... why is Ricky Stuart not copping some press atm ? surely with his "galaxy of stars" something must be wrong ... players sick of Ricky's endless pursuit of perfection ? some players not happy with his coaching methods ? will Ricky be in the press next week offering the door to anybody not happy ? Good work chooks, you might get a spoon yet for your "bad season"

Just for the Record Pig.

Manly's worst loss of 2005 = 48-14

Brisbane = 50-4....

t-ba

Post Whore
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Just for the Record Pig.

Manly's worst loss of 2005 = 48-14

Brisbane = 50-4....

:lol: :clap: .

Thank Christ Watmough and Hecks are back next week.

But that said, the Broncos are shaping up as Dragons Fodder for 2005...

The standard is way down this year, and for that reason I think Brisbane can still make the grand final despite their form not being anything special.

But if St George can stay healthy they look morals to me.

t-ba

Post Whore
Renowned League Expert said:
The standard is way down this year, and for that reason I think Brisbane can still make the grand final despite their form not being anything special.

Big If right there though. I reckon they're home and hosed, but this is a team where players get injured getting out of cars...

God-King Dean

Immortal
I wish Broncos won - they have been under false sense of security for weeks whilst winning for with sh*t performances. This could be a huge wake-up call for them

I alugh at those who say that Broncos are pretenders

Dragons SHOULD win

Renowned League Expert said:

The standard is way down?

You boofhead, the standard isn't down at all.

Your team is crap, that doesn't automatically mean the overall standard is down.

The crowd average is up so you're out-voted.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I am happy Brisbane lost! It makes it harder for the Dogs to make the 8! I'd put my money on Melbourne winning more games than the Eagles and the Eages are 3 points ahead of the Dogs!

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Well, according to Charlie Saab on here, Manly's backs are nuffies. I guess that just shows one of 3 things.

1. Manly's backs are not complete nuffies
2. Charlie Saab doesn't know sweet FA.
3. Both of the above.

I lean toward 3.

I honestly think the Dragons will destroy Brisbane next week.

Pigskin

Juniors
I'll be tipping the Dragons next week, but doesn't mean diddly for whats to come in the finals.

We aren't looking crisp, but we not exactly in a huge form slump either. We just don't have the cattle to blast teams off the paddock like some previous years.

There has been plenty of evidence this year to suggest we don't mind a scrap, and thats not so bad going into the finals.

Wouldn't exactly thrill me if Manly finish 8th. At suncorp week 1 of the finals we smash them. Take a week off and probly be underdone in week 3.

We probly need to start building pretty soon, but a solid performance next week would be sufficient. After that, things need to progress.

Oink !

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Well I thought we would we beat you today. Oh wow... We did. Paid nicely at $2.75 too.

I might double it up on the Dragons next week.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Pigskin said:
I'll be tipping the Dragons next week, but doesn't mean diddly for whats to come in the finals.

We aren't looking crisp, but we not exactly in a huge form slump either. We just don't have the cattle to blast teams off the paddock like some previous years.

There has been plenty of evidence this year to suggest we don't mind a scrap, and thats not so bad going into the finals.

Oink !

Look I agree you are in the comp right up to your back teeth. Your form is down a bit, but you still played good footy today. If we were to meet in the Finals I would be less confident than I was today.... But clearly, there is a way to grind out a win over the Broncos. Play it fast for 80 minutes.... They will get tired. I'll be blunt on this. I think your team is lacking fitness right now. I also think Manly is too. The Dragons are very match fit for fast footy from what I have seen recently. If the Dragons try to beat the Broncos in the forwards with power the game will be far closer than it need be.

Latest posts