What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Akarika Dawn Joins USA team

Evil Homer

Staff member
This is f**king pathetic. Why are they advertising and even boasting about the fact that they have been excluding these players? This makes me sick. f**king scum.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Sorry but this is an absolute disgrace, and if you can't see what is wrong with this article then you're just as bad as them. Seriously, the RLIF need to step in NOW and these people need to be given lifetime bans from any sort of administrative involvement with RL. It's as simple as that, they need to be removed from the sport.

Lone Ranger

Juniors
Boy o Boy. At this rate they will have to start dropping Australian and UK players from the USA team. I am not sure how many broken promises can be handed out but it seems there are plenty of USA players who actually believe the BS that DN is feeding them.

Maybe Akarika should ask Apple Pope how the Delaware Vipers team went this year. My guess is Atlanta won't play 3 games (2 home and one way)

rumpa pum pum - bang that drum!

Western_Eel

Juniors
I can understand why the players would move over but i dont understand how DN is alowed to get away with not including them in the 1st place

clarency

Juniors
Each and every time this happens increases the likelihood that this will not be resolved peacefully.

This is a valuable win for Niu.

league13

Juniors
I used to be an admirer of Nui but changed my mind about him some time ago.Long before the split, he was running the show like some kind of a secret society and trying to get info on their website was just about impossible.Lets face it, when you are trying to build something(in this case league) you need all the publicity you can get otherwise what's the point.What I can't understand is obviously he has some sort of following IN the AMNRL to get away with it.
I think it's reached the point where he is now undoing all the good work he did in the past.He needs to get over his ego and work with others to acheive what he wanted in the first place.

Fatdog

Juniors
“It’s not a secret in order to play in the World Cup I would have to cross over so this is a simple decision,” Dawn told WeAreRugby.

“My goal is to play for the country and this is the route I must take.”

Doesnt sound like he is switching comps cause the AMNRL is a superior comp now does it. Its a bloody shame that he cant play for the Axeman and still be eligible for his country.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Does anyone have an email address for someone at the RLIF? This article is clear and undeniable proof that the AMNRL are discriminating against players based on one man's personal agenda (not even an American man to boot). There is absolutely no excuse for the RLIF not to act now.

Rampart66

Juniors
I think that there may be many players who are being promised spots on the national team if they jump to the AMNRL. Roster sizes aren't infinite and I fear some of these promises may end up being empty when it comes time for the world cup.

amnrlfan

Juniors
Those spots will not be there for the American players come WC. The spots are probably available now for the upcoming Doonybrook and other scheduled matches before the WC. There is a good chance you don't see over 50% of the DonnyBrook squad in the WC.

I hope I am wrong

druzik

Juniors
I heard he is in Houston now. No Rugby league out there so its not really hurting any USARL team.

If the AMNRL are willing to pay for his flights and that out to matches then good on him I say.

mother rucker

Juniors
Does anyone have an email address for someone at the RLIF? This article is clear and undeniable proof that the AMNRL are discriminating against players based on one man's personal agenda (not even an American man to boot). There is absolutely no excuse for the RLIF not to act now.

TOTALLY agree, you mean to tell me that with all the USARL teams New Haven to Jacksonville, that none of those players are good enough to play for the Tomahawks? *sarcasm*
As soon as a player leaves the USARL there is a AMNRL story about how the Tomahawks have a new player. You would think that the USARL would want to do something about this before they have now more Tomahawk quality players. And as for the RLIF. I don’t think they give 2 shi1s about a immerging nation. USARL should have started their own select side and played in the Atlantic cup, and had matches vs Canada or an NRL / Super league of season team.
I wouldn’t be surprised if more players don’t go the route of Dawn.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I heard he is in Houston now. No Rugby league out there so its not really hurting any USARL team.

If the AMNRL are willing to pay for his flights and that out to matches then good on him I say.
That isn't the issue here, the circumstances regarding the player are completely irrelevant. The issue is that the AMNRL appear to be promoting this as good news, and are attempting to derive glory from the fact that a player is being forced to sit out the season for absolutely no logical reason. I would have thought that you of all people would understand this.

druzik

Juniors
TOTALLY agree, you mean to tell me that with all the USARL teams New Haven to Jacksonville, that none of those players are good enough to play for the Tomahawks? *sarcasm*
As soon as a player leaves the USARL there is a AMNRL story about how the Tomahawks have a new player. You would think that the USARL would want to do something about this before they have now more Tomahawk quality players. And as for the RLIF. I don’t think they give 2 shi1s about a immerging nation. USARL should have started their own select side and played in the Atlantic cup, and had matches vs Canada or an NRL / Super league of season team.
I wouldn’t be surprised if more players don’t go the route of Dawn.

Canada wont play a USARL side since they are not officially recognised and thus matches don't go towards ranking.

druzik

Juniors
That isn't the issue here, the circumstances regarding the player are completely irrelevant. The issue is that the AMNRL appear to be promoting this as good news, and are attempting to derive glory from the fact that a player is being forced to sit out the season for absolutely no logical reason. I would have thought that you of all people would understand this.

I do ... but more and more players unfortunately will be in this circumstance I feel and this will become the norm I say.

amnrlfan

Juniors
If the USARL did put together a select side and Canada did not choose to play a match against them just because it didn't matter in rankings would be a mistake. The stage they are at now why wouldn't they want to get more matches in to promote themselves within their country, raise some money for the team and get a good quality match out of it ?

Latest posts