What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

albert kelly

Bazal

Post Whore
He has what I would call "attitude problems" at Parramatta...people are fairly torn as to whether he'll make it as a professional player. He has all the skills, scored 5 tries on debut for Wenty last week, but is prone to arrogance (he's been reported as saying that his next contract he's looking for the big pay day and couldn't care less who it's from, for eg), and bouts of homesickness during which he buggers off to Redfern to stay with relatives, often with no notice to the club and often missing training sessions. He may or may not have missed a match this season because of it...but I could be wrong

Kells

Juniors
He has what I would call "attitude problems" at Parramatta...people are fairly torn as to whether he'll make it as a professional player. He has all the skills, scored 5 tries on debut for Wenty last week, but is prone to arrogance (he's been reported as saying that his next contract he's looking for the big pay day and couldn't care less who it's from, for eg), and bouts of homesickness during which he buggers off to Redfern to stay with relatives, often with no notice to the club and often missing training sessions. He may or may not have missed a match this season because of it...but I could be wrong

thanks 4 da inside info Bazal, appreciate it, well if hes got those attitude problems then i'd rather re-sign taumata - who has his own list of many problems too

whats ur thoughts Bazal - whos talent is the best between kelly and taumata - as both look like being in a bit of bother at one time or another so i'd want 2 sign the one with the best talent 2 play 5-8 as both look like they'd get into some interseting conversations with bellamy

personally i reckon theres more upside 2 taumata - better player and the sacking (no. 4 in 4 yrs :roll:) has HOPEFULLY finally kicked his ass into gear!

Coming from someone who has played along side or against all the 3 Kelly boy's i can say they are rough, Wouldnt surprise me if the running off to the relatives is true, but im not sure about the money part. Kristian Kelly, the youngest of the lot. Is quite a good player, was linked to Parramatta. Not sure if he would go if Al was to go. Dempsey on the other hand, who ever the best intercepter in the NRL is would have a field day with this bloke, takes his time to pass.

Bazal

Post Whore
thanks 4 da inside info Bazal, appreciate it, well if hes got those attitude problems then i'd rather re-sign taumata - who has his own list of many problems too

whats ur thoughts Bazal - whos talent is the best between kelly and taumata - as both look like being in a bit of bother at one time or another so i'd want 2 sign the one with the best talent 2 play 5-8 as both look like they'd get into some interseting conversations with bellamy

personally i reckon theres more upside 2 taumata - better player and the sacking (no. 4 in 4 yrs :roll:) has HOPEFULLY finally kicked his ass into gear!

Personally, I think Kelly is more talented, and has less serious attitude issues. Taumata has been sacked from a handful of clubs for fairly serious off field incidents, where Kelly has a bit of an ego and gets homesick. Either would be a gamble, but Taumata is a proven dropkick while Kelly is (from what I've heard) essentially a pretty good kid who has let his ability get to his head. His attitude problems are certainly repairable, I don't think Taumata's are. Plus Kelly is a more complete playmaker than Taumata IMO, he's not only a great runner of the ball but has a developing general playmaking game that has seen him thrust into NSW cup at a young age, and could earn him an NRL call up over Daniel Mortimer...