What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ali Lautiti

NZ Warrior

First Grade
This may all have been taken out of context with the severity of it all, but we have to read the fine print here. Ali has been OFFERED a release. This may be a ruthless agression management play to wake Lauiti'iti up.

Or it could be exactly how it seems "Ali, thanks very much now f**k off". Maybe it's Ali's attitude. Maybe the question was put to all the players after their run of horse shit performances. If Lauiti'iti's attitude is shit then I don't want him blocking the way for players like Epalahame Lauaki.

I don't see how the majority of players have gone cold on Mr Anderson. It's just not feasible, not after this long and what he has done with them. I really think it's the players who are not carrying the weight. You constantly hear them not following the game plan. If DA is booted sometime this season, my hopes for the Warriors go with him.

I'd rather see them clear the playing roster and fill it with players who want to make the Warriors team work, rather than see DA go.

kiwi_man

Juniors
they are basically "expelling" him, i.e when you get expelled form a school they first ask you to leave and if you dont then they kick you out. i would hate to see ali leave but do you really think if they are saying you can leave if you want; by them asking that do you think that they want him around.... so he will leave :cry:
KEEP THE FAITH!!

kiwi_man

Juniors
oh and another thing is that i hope he stays in the nrl so he can have a chance to represent his country again because he is still young

kiwi_man

Juniors
hahaha my third post in a row its a hattrick! i was just watching sports tonight and souths have already shown interest in big ali and they have produced him with an offer and they expect a reply by 5'o'clock tomorrow evening

tHe_MaC

Juniors
Apparently 6 NRL Clubs have shown interest.

Sydney City :roll: , Parramatta, Souths, Wests, NQ and Canberra.

Also Wigan have offered him $500,000.

It's amazing just how quick the market reacts when a star is released, even if his form has been lacking since 2002.

Phillips

Referee
i hate to see Lauitiiti go he is a great player, i just hope if he stays in the NRL he goes to parra [-o< , but his form has not been bad this season and he is still only coming back from a major injury from last yr so its a shame

kiwi_man

Juniors
why do you hope he goes to parra, by looking at your pic i would assume he would want to go to raiders

Skinner

Coach
You know, I can't help going back a little while ago to when Mr A gave
Ali a VERY public spray (on radio and print media). That type of thing
may provide motivation for certain players from certain cultures but
was only ever going to have an extremely negative effect on someone
like Ali.

I suspect Mr A is about to be exposed...and badly. Don't flame me, I
know he is considered by many to be "The Messiah" but I have other
opinions.

Cheers
Skinner

LeagueNut

First Grade
Iafeta said:
Players go through phases, thats part of natural life. You can easily work on that psychologically. Demote the player to Bartercard etc. Releasing such a talented player who would be a valuable entity to the future of this club is just a reckless, emotional, and I think in my opinion irrational move. There's no question Ali had the wrong attitude there, but its an attitude that can change with encouragement and hard work.

Very true. But personally, I don't think that Warriors management would have made this decision hastily - maybe it was a 'last resort' kind of thing. It's all just speculation though until we all get some more information ...

ozbash

Referee
ali is/was one of the players suffering from the rare disease "indifferent form".
stace has it along with meli,toopi, jerry,villa ( a mild dose), and apparently henry is in this dreaded disease's final stages.
matty utai has it as well according to mr A.

i hope ali's treatment is not the sign of a new "miracle cure" otherwise we will be left with a few unproven youngsters (nothing wrong with that,i spose) and a few burnt out aussie hacks (there definitely is something wrong with that).

as from when the ali announcement went public i became 100% convinced that the problem is not with the players, its further up the ladder.

i also believe DA is firing bullets made by someone else.

ali,s manager states on xtra this morning that he had no choice,, he was sacked.

spiro couldnt lie straight in bed. :evil:

JJ

Immortal
well, maybe the sycophantic cheer-leading media (Peter Jessup) et al will know admit there are problems, SERIOUS problems at the Warriors - Murray Deaker was right!!

Hard to know what the issue is, I am not one for this player power carry-on, but Stacey Jones and Ali would seem to be two of the easiest characters to deal with, and Stacey in particular has given his all in nearly 200 games for the club.

Warren Ryan said that coaches are usually done with a group of players after 3-4 years. Wayne Bennett fixes that by removing dead wood and older players regularly. I wouldn't place Ali and Stacey in those categories yet. Maybe it's just time for DA to move on at the end of the year - it doesn't mean he's a bad coach, and it doesn't mean they're bad players, maybe everyone just needs some fresh air

Meth

Staff member
Players go through phases, thats part of natural life. You can easily work on that psychologically. Demote the player to Bartercard etc. Releasing such a talented player who would be a valuable entity to the future of this club is just a reckless, emotional, and I think in my opinion irrational move. There's no question Ali had the wrong attitude there, but its an attitude that can change with encouragement and hard work.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Spot on Iafeta

I see absolutely no sense in completely dropping an out of form Ali alltogether.

I hope that, if he is lost to the Warriors, he turns out for a team like the Roosters, Parramatta or Canberra, where they will get the best out of him.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Skinner from the sideline said:
You know, I can't help going back a little while ago to when Mr A gave
Ali a VERY public spray (on radio and print media). That type of thing
may provide motivation for certain players from certain cultures but
was only ever going to have an extremely negative effect on someone
like Ali.

I suspect Mr A is about to be exposed...and badly. Don't flame me, I
know he is considered by many to be "The Messiah" but I have other
opinions.

Cheers
Skinner
Agreed. He's donre it twice before (with Logan Swann and Jason Death) and it worked in Logan's case but it's fairly obvious that Logan's a different sort of person to Ali. And even after saying that I think it was obvious that while Logan did play himself back into form he was on the outer with the club from that point on which finally led to his release at the end of last year. In Death's case I think it was the right decision as the pattern pretty much repeated itself with him at Souths.
What gets me though is how has all of this taken three years to surface? DA took the team from a demoralised rablle to a GF in two seasons and has weathered form slumps before, what's changed now?

Latest posts